Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was a manual transmission ever offered in the Crosstour...? I am currently in the market for a Crosstour and am doing my research. Also...is there really an advantage in buying the V6 models...? What years are best...? This will be a long-term ownership...I want to make the right decision. Thanks...Riley in North Georgia

·
Registered
'13 EX-L
16 Posts
Quick $0.02 from me.

No, I dont believe there was a manual ever offered. There may be some potential if you're handy with custom work/swaps to do it on a 4cyl one but probably not worth the effort. At that point, you're better off driving a manual accord or TL in my opinion.

V6 are the only models that come with AWD, so if you're somewhere where thats beneficial to you, then yes V6 is a big advantage. Not to mention, its got a lot more power, making for a smoother, easier drive all around - city and highway.
But, if you're more interested in fuel economy and a 'simpler' engine with a bit less maintenance, arguably, then the 4cyl K24 versions are the way to go. They use timing chains, don't have the VCM/ECO mode, and don't have AWD. Less moving parts means less things to break.

If shopping for a V6 then you probably want a 2013+ as these years address a common problem with the VCM being an issue once the mileage gets up there (can be 'remedied' using a little gizmo which disables VCM outright if done early enough). 2013+ will also have a few more nifty features/luxuries, as well as an updated look. I'd say '10-12 look more like a modern car/sedan, while the '13+ are a bit more crossover/utility looking.

There are a few common issues specific to Crosstours - biggest one probably being rust on the driver side quarter panel. Not all of them get it, but if they do, its relentless so keep an eye out.

There are further discussions and plenty of info on the forum if any of these topics peak your interest. Goodluck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts