Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a shifter boot from a manual gearbox into the CT. Looks sleeker and more upscale.

Here is part number for those interested:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is absolutely delicious.

I'm going to order one tomorrow.

Any tips regarding the install?
^ thanks.

Use a robust plastic camping knife or something similar that will not cut of scuff plastic to remove the centre/e-brake console away from clips. use this thread as reference: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?p=664282

Once in there, the front seat heater buttons (blue=driver, white=passenger) & electrical outlet are connected so be careful and clip them off by pressing on tabs (you will see once in there).

The manual shift boot fits exactly into the underside of the e-brake console but you will need to 4 tiny screws (not included) to secure the boot (from underside) to the he console (be careful and don 't use screws that are too long).

In order to make the manual boot fit, you will need to remove these 2 pieces and it 's only held by clips so use a screwdriver and to pry it out. There is a red wire which illuminates the PRND at night so preserve that if you can

Reconnect power outlet clip and and front seat warmers, and clip e-brake console back in place

Time: 30 minutes but I was very careful not forcing the console with brute force as I did not want to brake any of the clips of rip any wires.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Thanks for the details!

Any recommendations regarding the screws? Where to get them? What size/length?

Does the boot have to be completely removed/disassembled in the future in order to activate the shift-lock override?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
the screws are daily small, short but stubby. It 's hard to explain but I had a much at home. You can probably pick them up at Radio Shack or similar, Home Depot (HD) may have them but if they are too long, they will perforate. If you do go to HD, ask for tiny screws which secure rain gutter pipes to each other (stubby, quite short)..you can also run to your Honda dealer and ask to give you 4 screws for a manual book assembly, that have bins of this stuff so get extra in case you drop a few.

I would recommend taking the e-brake console apart before the part arrives this way you can tell how easy it is to get to stuff and how long/fat the screws will have to be, it think they are 1/4" long...it will take a pic and post it after the weekend once I find a similar one.

The Park override is gone given this mod as the mechanism for it (spring/lever) are part of that assembly.

·
Registered
594 Posts
That looks amazing!!! I was considering doing that after seeing the first post but your next post scared me lol...

·
Registered
621 Posts
the screws are daily small, short but stubby. It 's hard to explain but I had a much at home. You can probably pick them up at Radio Shack or similar, Home Depot (HD) may have them but if they are too long, they will perforate. If you do go to HD, ask for tiny screws which secure rain gutter pipes to each other (stubby, quite short)..you can also run to your Honda dealer and ask to give you 4 screws for a manual book assembly, that have bins of this stuff so get extra in case you drop a few.

I would recommend taking the e-brake console apart before the part arrives this way you can tell how easy it is to get to stuff and how long/fat the screws will have to be, it think they are 1/4" long...it will take a pic and post it after the weekend once I find a similar one.

The Park override is gone given this mod as the mechanism for it (spring/lever) are part of that assembly.
After checking the parts lists and diagrams, it appears that the screws are part number: 90144-TA0-A01

http://parts.sonshonda.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=1741920&ukey_assembly=290577

There are 4 of them. Just add that to your order when you select the boot assembly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just did this to my 2010 CT, it looks great, but I noticed there is nothing that holds the top of the boot, tight to the knob it is just floating. Did any of you use something to hold the boot to the knob?

·
Registered
621 Posts
No response here....
Not sure about the person who did the original write-up.

I ordered the parts but ultimately decided not to go through with it, as it appeared that I was going to have to disable my shift-lock-override.

And I figured I might need that someday.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Just what does that thing do? Just keep you from shifting when the motor isn't running?
Not exactly... all automatic cars have an interlock which prevents the transmission from being shifted out of Park if the brake pedal isn't depressed.

Because this interlock is electronic, it also requires the vehicle to be in at least the Accessory position.

If this interlock device fails (the switch wears out), or your car is dead and you want to put it in Neutral to push it out of the way, then you can disengage the safety interlock manually.

On the CT is is behind the little door thinking to the immediate right side of the shift lever. (you can see it in the pictures in this thread.)

Open the cover, and use the key to depress the mechanism. (In the pictures it is the white plastic bit on the bigger black plastic bit.)

All automatic transmission vehicles are required to have the interlock, and are also equipped with a way to manually bypass it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts