Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up guys and gals, i own a 2010ct and both front shocks are worned. They are discontinuated so my option here is to buy a full set of coilovers.

ksport usa
D2racing
They’re my 2 options.
And, when i do install them, do i need to change other parts too in the front suspension?
Thanks
Qc_rider

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue as yourself with a 2012 AWD. What I have found so far is www.coilsprings.com . Someone else within this forum did some leg work already with providing the car data and honda oem springs using a 2014

2012 Accord EXL curb weight is 3,558lbs @ 62% Front /38% Rear weight distribution

OEM Spring Rates:
Front 370 lbs / inch (6.6 KG / mm)
Rear 212 lbs / inch (3.7 KG / mm)

Also to note to check the other threads within this forum. In summary the coilovers give a real stiff ride to the point you feel everything. If you like the ride you currently have you need use the above data for the new coils.

Also to note that they do not make any coilovers for the crosstour, they will use the accord. Not the same weight and distribution.

Let me know what you find. I am currently in the process of building a new custom strut assembly using KYB Strut Excel G and then go with slightly strong coils, may 8 KG/mm front and 5 KG/mm in the rear. Going to build them myself or have a shop put them together.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts