Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We love our new crosstour, only nagging complaint is the tech is sooo dated. the display for the nav system looks like it came right out of an atari 2600. Ipod functionality isnt very good either. Compared to some of the audio/nav systems we saw in some of the new Fords and Inifiniti's we looked at, the crosstour's gear is totally dated.

I am curious if anyone has had any luck swapping out the stock nav gear from any other Honda or Acura models? Even the displays and menu's in the Odyssey appear much better. I really want to keep the stock functionality and appearance, but just want some tech that is more befitting of such a great looking car. Has anyone else looked into this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same thought

We love our new crosstour, only nagging complaint is the tech is sooo dated. the display for the nav system looks like it came right out of an atari 2600. Ipod functionality isnt very good either. Compared to some of the audio/nav systems we saw in some of the new Fords and Inifiniti's we looked at, the crosstour's gear is totally dated.

I am curious if anyone has had any luck swapping out the stock nav gear from any other Honda or Acura models? Even the displays and menu's in the Odyssey appear much better. I really want to keep the stock functionality and appearance, but just want some tech that is more befitting of such a great looking car. Has anyone else looked into this?
I was thinking the same thing. I am hoping that Honda can update the firmware/software in the future and that will upgrade the graphics and colors etc... The large screen is mainly worth the backup camera I have found.

·
Registered
621 Posts
There is another thread where we talked about this briefly...

A couple of problems:

1) The resolution of the screen is what is holding the graphics back. Nothing a firmware update would take care of.
2) A Firmware update *could* increase ipod functionality and whatnot, but it is unlikely that a firmware update will be created considering honda has moved on to more updated systems (like the Odyssey that was mentioned) with improved graphics, etc.

I think that we'll start to see the better systems in the newer CTs down the line.

There is a potential for retrofitting the newer systems into the older CTs but the problems with that are:

1) Cost Prohibitive. A full control unit and scree could easily be $3k+
2) Most likely wont fit. If they are changing the dash styles in the new Hondas, as mentioned in other threads, then the mounting points, sizes of screens, control functionality, etc probably wont be compatible.

I think the take home is: It could potentially be possible, nothing is out of the question, but I've stopped holding my breath for a potential upgrade.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did some more investigation and to my surprise discovered that even the Acuras for the most part have the same clunky displays and functionality. Other than some added options for weather and traffic, they are not that dissimilar. Quite surprising for Honda to be so far behind the times in general on this even on their high-line offerings, especially compared to Ford and GM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you looked at hondalink? Aba is coming out with something to update the system with. My question is will it be available for 2012 or 2013 and up?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did some more investigation and to my surprise discovered that even the Acuras for the most part have the same clunky displays and functionality. Other than some added options for weather and traffic, they are not that dissimilar. Quite surprising for Honda to be so far behind the times in general on this even on their high-line offerings, especially compared to Ford and GM.
I am also surprised to heard it fro you that acura have clunky displays and functionality because i didn't noticed it before.Thanks for sharing it here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts