Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Low Beam bulb replacement

The first time a bulb was replaced, I had it done at the dealer, they took the bumper off to get at the bulb, they removed the headlight assembly, they let me watch, now I do it myself and save the $$, really its not that hard. Bought the service manual on CD

·
Registered
4 Posts
How comes this car cost so much to service and there is NOTHING on youtube regarding replacement. Not happy one bit that I have to remove a bumper to replace a headlight bulb. I am really unhappy with Honda for this scam on it's buyers. Why should I have to spend so much time and money to replace a headlight. Scam scam. Crosstour is great but a pain in the wallet and A$$ to fix. There is Nothing and I mean nothing on youtube helping us replace anything on this car. Not one video. I am not happy about this and it says a lot about my crosstour. I got caught in another car that it's maker wants us to pay through the roof just to replace a headlight. This is a joke

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
It's not as easy as some other cars, but it really isn't that hard either... you will have to get your hands dirty with some of the bulb replacements on the car... I am in the process of doing a video or something for a demo.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't understand???? Your owner's manual CLEARLY have a section on how to replace your light bulbs......Nobody knows how to research and read these days or what? Even the dealer you went to obviously have no clue!!!
All you got to do is turn your wheel enough to access the fender liners, take out 2-3 clips and remove bulbs from there. What so hard about that?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I wouldn't expect to hear anything from this poster again. It is interesting that you would create an account, puke the same complaint across 4 different threads and not open your owners manual.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I wouldn't expect to hear anything from this poster again. It is interesting that you would create an account, puke the same complaint across 4 different threads and not open your owners manual.
"Trollism" is sometimes a tough thing to define, but there is one basic rule, "Never Feed The Trolls"!

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I don't understand???? Your owner's manual CLEARLY have a section on how to replace your light bulbs......Nobody knows how to research and read these days or what? Even the dealer you went to obviously have no clue!!!
All you got to do is turn your wheel enough to access the fender liners, take out 2-3 clips and remove bulbs from there. What so hard about that?
Hondasports77, Tis true I read over those pages many times, but as a first time car owner, in conjunction with owning a brand new car... I was very scared I'd damage something, or do something wrong.

I turned my tires, and tried at those screws and clips on the first try, and while I got them off... I had no idea I had the plastic part was flexible enough to pull at. All I saw was that the plastic piece was connected to the entire wheel section and that totally threw me off the first time.

It was only on my second attempt and after reading a few tips from another poster that I figured out how to get behind the plastic cover and into the lights area.

I don't know if that guy is a troll or not, but I do think the Crosstour Lights are harder to replace than the generic YouTube video suggest... and without guidance, it's definitely intimidating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts