Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered Tuesday my 2012 EX-L Crosstour w/Navi in Polished Metal Metallic w/black interior. The dealer (Burien Honda in Seattle, WA) is having to trade another dealer for 1 of the 4 that are in Washington state so hoping to be in it by the weekend.

So am looking for opinions on getting the Front, Side, and Rear Under Body Spoilers. Since the Spoilers come in one color only (Gun Metal Silver) which is close to if not the same as the Polished Metal Metallic, I know they aren't going to give much, if any, contrast to the body color. So I am thinking I want to get these 3 spoilers for the added body/paint protection. However (and this is where you opinions come in):

1. What do you think about getting any or all of these spoliers?

2. In the case of the Side Under Body Spoiler, the installation instructions say that you cannot use the Rear Mud Flaps if you install the Rear Under Body Spoiler. An thoughts on choosing the Rear Mud Flaps over the Rear Under Body Spoiler?

3. Because the Side Under Body Spoiler is so close in color to the Polished Metal Metallic paint, I was thinking about foregoing the Side Under Body Spoilers and keep the Front Mud Flaps to help keep road grime off the sides. What do you think?

4. Another option is to add the Side Under Body Spoilers and keep the Front Mud Flaps. The installation instructions do not say anything about not being able to do this that. Again, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would just order the Front and Rear Underbody kits

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks NJXTOUR and Xaque. Appreciate your advice/opinions. The more I have been thinking about it, the more I agree with you.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
we did a polished metal one at my work and we didnt bother doing the side cause they are the exact same style and the colour was so close you couldnt tell. so just save the cash for something else and do the front and rear.

·
Registered
52 Posts
One more note. A member on this forum told me recently that if you're contemplating getting a tow hitch, it's incompatible with the rear underbody kit.

Like yourself, I was interestedi in upgrading but I've decided not to get the underbody kits, cuz frankly, there's not much difference, appearance-wise, between the before and after photos that I've seen on the internet. The dealer was not able to show me a "live" model with kits installed. So, for those reasons and the tow hitch issue, I'm not upgrading

Vince.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts