Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help...OK, I know the sun doesn't shine much in Seattle in the winter time as a matter of fact it has been raining every other day for a week+ now, but I have been looking for a ready made CT front window sun shade/screen. Haven't found any ones for CTs yet. Anyone have some recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Sun Shades – On very sunny days, if you are on a long highway, and the sun creeps in between your sun glasses, then you really wish you had a good sun shade. I spent quite a bit of time in Seattle, but never once saw the sun! Don’t know why anyone in Seattle would even need sunglasses! Just a good umbrella!! LOL

I have attached a few pictures of various sun shades. Often a person will call a sun visor a sun shade, so I am showing you the picture of the OEM CT sun visor. You might want to consider this or just some aftermarket tint on your front windows. Not sure the law in WA, but in KS, you can go 35% which is what I did on my Black CT. It gives a close match to the rear factory tinted windows. The (Non-Metallic) tint with installation cost me about $75 with a lifetime warranty. This will keep your car cooler in the summer, prevents theft, (your possessions hide easier when a thief cannot see inside), also many people get their windows tinted to prevent law enforcement from seeing if they are wearing a seat belt. Some people are just want-to-be felons and still refuse to wear their seat belt. I'm not aware of a CUSTOM sun shade designed specifically for the CT, but instead there are a multitude of universal type sun shades.

Look through the pictures, most taken from eBay and decide what type of sun shade suits you the best. Do you want something more permanent? Something retractable like a home window shade? Something with stick on suction cups? Etc. etc. Something that will allow your window to go up and down with it installed? The curtains on the front could violate the law, so be careful with them. I believe that they are more designed for the back windows. Most of these were around $10 from eBay. Have fun and happy wet motoring in Seattle!

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Need more Input!

I'm gonna bump this one....

has anybody found / purchased a Generic Collapsable sun shade for their C/T that fits nicely, if not necessarily a perfect fit??

I bought a cheapo two piece more than 10 yrs ago from Target that has performed admirably in my Maxima, but won't make it in the C/T.

Weathertech has one, but DAYUM it's pricey, and maybe just a little too technical for my needs.
http://www.weathertech.com/honda/2012/crosstour/techshade/

Let's hear it boyz! :cool:

gr

·
Registered
52 Posts
Check Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I bought a generic one that fits well in the CT. I was surprised how much cooler it kept the interior on 100 degree days. I keep my iPhone in the car and before I bought this product, the high temps would freeze the phone. Once I bought the shield, the iPhone didn't heat up so much and continued to work. Plus, the black leather seats are more bearable!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=40204376

Only $8.00

Vince.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Check Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I bought a generic one that fits well in the CT. I was surprised how much cooler it kept the interior on 100 degree days. I keep my iPhone in the car and before I bought this product, the high temps would freeze the phone. Once I bought the shield, the iPhone didn't heat up so much and continued to work. Plus, the black leather seats are more bearable!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=40204376

Only $8.00

Vince.
I bought one!
$8 on the money. Doesn't fit perfect, but gets the job done. ;)

Thanks Vince.

gr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts