Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is one of the things I do when I have a little bit of free time on my hands.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Sweet.

I'm currently building an SBR (10") based on the Sig 556 platform. It's going to be my work/zombie gun.

I don't have any video, but here are a couple shots of me in the same vein:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan to register a pistol lower so I can rack up on SBR uppers, but I'll probably stick with either LWRC or HK, and maybe a few DI uppers to beat up. It's a ways down the road, but the first suppressor is being ordered in March. If things work out right, I'll be working on my SOT next year, then I can start selling and building up quite a few more toys without that damn $200 stamp and 6 month paperwork turnarounnd.

The time it takes for the BATFE to process the packets and the damn rediculous taxes are the only things stopping me from building a fun arsenal.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I love suppressors. Unfortunately individuals can not own them in my state. Departments can purchase them and assign them to people, but it would mean that it wouldn't technically be mine and I wouldn't be able to keep it forever.

*sad face*

But realistically ever rifle should be short barreled with a suppressor... unless you are doing some real long range shots.

IMHO

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, you live in an absolutely horrible state. One of the 5 states I refuse to sell guns to. Lord knows all the gun control laws have done soooo much to reduce crime[/sarcasm]

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yeah... MA is silly sometimes, but really only specifically in regards to pistols. I can purchase a long gun in NH (or any other N.E. state) and just walk right into MA no problem.

But because pistols have to go through an FFL, and because MA has a stupid "approved" list... good luck getting your hands on a gun that isn't on the list.

(I've seen some used pistols, 12 years old with thousands of rounds through them, sell for more than a new one would cost... all because the new ones can't be sold in MA) by a FFL)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sweet.

I'm currently building an SBR (10") based on the Sig 556 platform. It's going to be my work/zombie gun.

I don't have any video, but here are a couple shots of me in the same vein:

I didn't quite get the whole "Zombie" thing until after I lived in South Florida after the Hurricane Andrew looting, and then also experienced tender loving souls of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Even then, "Zombie" wasn't used as much as it is now. We joke about it at work and some co-workers think we are talking about the brain-eating sort. In any event, Hornady is making a killing off their recent line of ammuntion... Zombie Max.

You guys have got to check out their promo video... Funny as... Well, you know. (Making moderators happy every step of the way)

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I didn't quite get the whole "Zombie" thing until after I lived in South Florida after the Hurricane Andrew looting, and then also experienced tender loving souls of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Even then, "Zombie" wasn't used as much as it is now. We joke about it at work and some co-workers think we are talking about the brain-eating sort. In any event, Hornady is making a killing off their recent line of ammuntion... Zombie Max.

You guys have got to check out their promo video... Funny as... Well, you know. (Making moderators happy every step of the way)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQWb-5nblx4

I get free boxes of Zombie Max from these guys, one of the advantages of having friends in the right places :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts