Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got my Crosstour a week ago. I noticed that the left back passenger door would require more than one pull to actually get it to open from both the outside and inside of the car. Every time the door didn't open on the pull, it felt like the handle was trying to hook on to something but couldn't. Has anyone experienced this problem? And is it something that just requires the door to be, in a sense, broken-in because it is a brand new car which had just come off the truck? It is a 2013 Honda Crosstour Ex-L.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I've experienced nothing like that on my 2 month old 2013 EX-L V6...

All doors open without any glitches...

Might be time to take it into the dealer and have them take a look...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I had brought it in yesterday and the service consultant pulled on it and it wasn't opening for him either on the first pull so we made an appointment for today. When I brought it in today it didn't open correctly the first couple of tries but then started to after so they didn't take apart the inside panel of my door. Instead they used silicone lube and said it should work fine now. Brought it back home and it started not working again. I think I'm just going to wait a couple more days to see if the wire or something just had to be used more. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
5 Posts
keep bring it for repair, after the 3rd time, remind them if they can not fit this problem this time, you will look for lemon law protection.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't like the idea that they'll be taking apart my door already just a week after I've gotten the car but it's really annoying to have to pull my handle twice before my door will open.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't like the idea that they'll be taking apart my door already just a week after I've gotten the car but it's really annoying to have to pull my handle twice before my door will open.
Don't worry about that. Door panels are made to be removed easily so that any glass shop can quickly remove and replace one when repairing a broken window. Very little can go wrong by removing the door panel. Only thing to do is double check that window button and inner and outer lever work. Also, try it both with and without the child lock on . . . Just in case. :cool:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
O thanks for the reply. That's relieving. I'll be calling tomorrow to make the appointment to get my door fixed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I took my car in today and they took my door apart but still couldn't figure out how to fix it. They ordered a new handle and clasp for the door. If this doesn't end up fixing my door would I just get a new door?

·
Registered
234 Posts
First I can't believe the dealer/service didn't disassemble the door on first exam. That they then did later and could not find the problem is kind of troubling. A door is relatively simple compared to the engine and electronics. Did they check to see if the child latch was interfering with normal operation, seems like an obvious rear door check list item.
I had a rear door issue on my T&C minivan. It would not open when I tried to open it with the remote system or from the handle. What it was, the electric lock actuator wasn't lifting the lock switch all the way, causing the door to fail. It was 7 years old, what's the issue here. :eek:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea they tried the child lock. I did too. It might actually be the lock not getting lifted all the way which I'm hoping they are going to fix with thew new parts. The door requires 2 pulls to open the door. The first pull you can almost feel that something is trying to hook on something but just can't. It's the same with the inside handle too so I'm hoping they also will be fixing that. I'm just kind of upset that my car isn't even 2 weeks old and is requiring all these trips to the shop.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yea they tried the child lock. I did too. It might actually be the lock not getting lifted all the way which I'm hoping they are going to fix with thew new parts. The door requires 2 pulls to open the door. The first pull you can almost feel that something is trying to hook on something but just can't. It's the same with the inside handle too so I'm hoping they also will be fixing that. I'm just kind of upset that my car isn't even 2 weeks old and is requiring all these trips to the shop.
I'm with you on this being very un-Honda as far as quality control. A door not opening, really? I'd call the regional manager if they can't fix it pronto. You should not have to deal with such a thing on a new car. As for changing the door, that opens up paint matching issues. Argh.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I think this next trip will be my fourth trip. As I understand the lemon law, after the fourth time of them failing to fix the problem, I can either get a new car or a refund. I may look to utilize that because I love my Crosstour, it's just really frustrating that my door isn't working properly and I'm making all these trips back and forth. I also live a half an hour away from the dealership which after this trip to get my handles replaced will make it a total of 4 hours just traveling and not having a solution. Add in the time I have spent sitting there waiting for my vehicle and I've had to waste around 8 hours. My family has bought two Accords with no problems from this dealership and they've been good to us so I'm hoping this fourth trip will solve the problem.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Luckily they were able to fix it today by replacing the handles and latches. I'm just happy to have it fixed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just go in and ask them to replace the whole latch and lock system. Would have saved me time if I knew what had to be replaced.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts