Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm saying it out loud so now I can be accountable to someone to encourage me to do it. . .

Anyway - thought you guys might be interested in "phase 2" of some playing around with the headlight assembly that I'm gonna try this Sunday (phase 1 was part sourcing and testing).

You all probably know the LED DRL strips that a lot of luxury cars have (Audi semi-famously inside the headlamp, Mercedes usually down in the airdam area, etc, etc.) and I've seen a lot of not so attractive aftermarket and homebrew attempts at this too. Even Hella, king of kings in automotive lighting, makes a couple generic kits (none of which I could really envision working in our cars).

Well this weekend I'm going to try (crossing fingers) to open up a headlight, hopefully two, and put phase 2 in action. I've got heat guns and and all that, I'll just be pissed if I break one. . .but if I'm successful this will look incredibly slick and I think you'll be impressed - it should have sort of the Audi look to it (except no upward curve that the Audi LEDs often take). The color and intensity of the LEDs I found is perfect. Hardest parts will be getting the headlight open and wiring it stealthily. I want to do it so it'll be repeatable easily, not just so I can do it. . .hopefully.

I'm also going to install a couple relays so that my outer parking lights will be reactivated as parking lights and now blink in an alternate wig/wag with the inboard turn signal when the turn signal is activated.

Oh I also got a light meter and color temperature meter so I can get somewhat reliable (this isn't professional grade technical equipment) measurements on the lighting mods I do. I want to take good hard measurements to see if my reverse light LEDs are brighter than stock, and how much brighter HIDs are, etc.

-Ace

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Make sure to take lots of pictures. Even just removing a headlight or headlight disassembly would be good info in the How To section of this board.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for those keeping track. . .put off a few days due to unforeseen circumstances, but will update when there is news!

-ace

·
Registered
184 Posts
... It's been awhile ... So I guess no news? I'm interested in trying this out too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts