Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 CT needed some body work after some severe windstorms in my area. My body shop explained that, before they remove panels, they disconnect the battery.

I got the care home and I entered my radio code with no problem and the system took my nav code. I parked in an open area and waited about 12 minutes and got the message that "Something is interfering with the systems ability to acquire its location" and if the message persists, contact the dealer.

Each time I restarted my car, I got that same message after about 10 minutes. I couldn't figure out a way to get the car to repeat the GPS acquire mode where you're presented with the "dial" to enter your nav code so I took it back to the body shop and asked them to disconnect and reconnect the battery which they did. Again, the radio code worked and the GPS code was accepted, but it can't determine it's location.

The work they did wouldn't have them anywhere near any cables, etc for the nav system. I finally broke down and took it to the dealer this morning and I'm waiting to hear back, but I'm wondering if there's a way to get it back into the GPS acquire mode or if anyone else has had this issue and what you did to resolve it?

Thanks,
Debbie

·
Registered
621 Posts
My 2010 CT needed some body work after some severe windstorms in my area. My body shop explained that, before they remove panels, they disconnect the battery.

I got the care home and I entered my radio code with no problem and the system took my nav code. I parked in an open area and waited about 12 minutes and got the message that "Something is interfering with the systems ability to acquire its location" and if the message persists, contact the dealer.

Each time I restarted my car, I got that same message after about 10 minutes. I couldn't figure out a way to get the car to repeat the GPS acquire mode where you're presented with the "dial" to enter your nav code so I took it back to the body shop and asked them to disconnect and reconnect the battery which they did. Again, the radio code worked and the GPS code was accepted, but it can't determine it's location.

The work they did wouldn't have them anywhere near any cables, etc for the nav system. I finally broke down and took it to the dealer this morning and I'm waiting to hear back, but I'm wondering if there's a way to get it back into the GPS acquire mode or if anyone else has had this issue and what you did to resolve it?

Thanks,
Debbie
There is a diagnostic menu that you can enter that will not only do a system wide system checks (including GPS antenna) but there are also sub menus for the GPS system that probably include options to reacquire.

In the forum someplace there are directions on how to access these menus.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for the link. It may definitely come in handy in the future. Just heard from the dealer and my issue is, I need a new GPS antenna. The good news is, it's covered under warranty - phew!

Thanks to you and jay1622 for helping with the Navi self diagnostics!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts