Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back, I was looking at picking up an Acura TLX and really became fond of the red/black leather interior. As it usually does, a cooler head prevailed and I realized that there isn't a thing wrong with my 2015 EX-L CrossTour, I love driving it and it would be relatively easy to upgrade my interior. I went with the Katzkin (www.katzkin.com) interior, installed by the local auto upholstery shop I wanted.

Katzkin is nice because you can go to their website and configure things the way you want, with leather choices, colors, perforated vs. non-perforated, etc. I took about six months to determine the color scheme I wanted then finally pushed the button about 30 days ago.

Total time was about 30 days from the day I ordered (at the upholstery shop) until the installation took place. It took a couple of weeks for Katzkin to custom-make the leathers and another 10 days or so for the shop to schedule me.

Total price about $1,700, which included having the auto upholstery shop custom fabricate a center console to match my seats.

I'm still not over it and thrilled each time I get into my car.

P.S. I found a leather eBrake cover, on eBay, that I ordered today. I'm pretty sure it will fit...it's for a 2008 and up Honda Accord but time will tell. If it fits and looks nice I'll post another photo.

Keep it between the lines...

·
Registered
155 Posts
You seats look awesome, I did mine in Lexus F Sport Red a few years ago ❤ #hondamera

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a 09 6-6 last year to replace my beloved 05 6-6 that I sold to a friend's daughter. It had 388000 miles and is in perfect condition with many performance upgrades. The 09 is a complete dumpster burn. It wasn't what it was represented. Anyway, the 05 had soft perforated leather and very nicely contoured seats. Strangely, the 09 seats looked the same accept for the perforated leather. The leather has all the comfort of pleated linoleum and the padding is supplemented with concrete. I bought some rolls of commercial high grade upholstery foam and purchased a set of Alcantara custom fit seat covers and went to work. I have turned my contoured bricks into a set of comfortably firm, supportive, breathable, attractive chairs that are still comfortable after a 600 mile day. Eventually, after I make a few padding changes I will permanently fasten the covers and post photos. Foam and all total cost about 325.00 for the front seats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts