Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I put one in at 200 on the odo... K&N's typically suck from what I've seen in the first 300 miles as the residual filter element oil either gets sucked through, evaporates (minuscule) and/or absorbed into the element. Between vehicle break in and the filter still being new, I am expecting a 1.5 mpg bump once done... Until then, ????

I am considering the CAI option... I am going to run a temp test next time I have time off... I have to think its going to be a tad bit warmer, but the barrel filters and intakes allow for SO much more air.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
i did the k+n short ram its awsome ! i go threw more gas cause i am hamering the gas all the time cause it sounds good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
K&N

Guys- I put one on too. It does sound great and i do notice the increased ooomph and gas mileage. However, whenI'm cruising on the highway and barely giving it gas and then barely give it some gas, every now and then I hear a pop noise come from the side of the filter - I can actually feel it through the pedal - it seems like a popping a lid on a jar of vacum packaed nuts. Every experience that - could it be back pressure - i emailed K&N and the chumps never emailed me back. I do like it though.

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys- I put one on too. It does sound great and i do notice the increased ooomph and gas mileage. However, whenI'm cruising on the highway and barely giving it gas and then barely give it some gas, every now and then I hear a pop noise come from the side of the filter - I can actually feel it through the pedal - it seems like a popping a lid on a jar of vacum packaed nuts. Every experience that - could it be back pressure - i emailed K&N and the chumps never emailed me back. I do like it though.
I've seen some cases where too much oil on the filter will cause this condition. Sometimes the oil will 'gum' up the sensors. K&N has also stated that a pop noise can be caused by too much oil on the filter. I would suggest you wash the filter per the manufacturers recommendation and LIGHTLY oil before you install it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
K&N Air Filter

Crashmaster - thanks for the input. That's interesting. I put the filter on out of the box w/o any oil addition to it. I'll order the cleaning kit. Although the poopping noise I would assume would abate as the oil is thinned out of the filter? I'll let you know what happens. I don't hear it as much lately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts