Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read this quote while reseaching the car:

superadmin:
........and you should be more careful who you're calling "dude".

and thought this would be the perfect place for me, because you can all feel free to call me dude. :cool:

I did get a '10 new off the lot a week ago, and it's a pretty impressive car.
It'll primarily be a family, wife car. I drive a Porsche and Subie normally, but I suspect I'll be finding myself in the crosstour on occassion too. :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
I read this quote while reseaching the car:

superadmin:
........and you should be more careful who you're calling "dude".

and thought this would be the perfect place for me, because you can all feel free to call me dude. :cool:

I did get a '10 new off the lot a week ago, and it's a pretty impressive car.
It'll primarily be a family, wife car. I drive a Porsche and Subie normally, but I suspect I'll be finding myself in the crosstour on occassion too. :)
Welcome to the party!

It's interesting to see the wide range of demographics here on the forum... some older, some younger... some people who couldn't imagine taking a badge off of the car and others who are trying to find the biggest rims that will fit.

Glad you're here, dude.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'll 'Dude' to that, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Now I want to know where you saw the quote lol

I think I'm currently the only Super Moderator, and I don't really care what people call me lol. The only other one I've dealt with, wouldn't have an attitude like that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Whoa! Dude!
So tell us what you got. Color? Trim level? The Crosstour, too, not just the Porsche :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow! thanks for the welcome guys...

It's the light green, with cream leather interior.
4 wheel drive, - loaded, I think, but without nav.

I didn't actually have a lot of choice - I got an awesome deal ( about 6.5K off msrp!) on a leftover '10. The only other car left was white, but even with all color choices, I still would have gone with the green or black.

(my 911 is red...)

I took the CT for a spin last night.
Still impresses, solid and predicatable, great road feel, good power.
I live in a snow belt, and have had a bunch of subarus as a result. So, I'm looking forward to seeing how the 4wd works on this car. Prior family vehicle, an Oddessey handled really, really poorly in the snow, even with four Blizzaks installed, so I have my fingers crossed for a better result.

I like the CT's styling. It's unique in the States - till now, hatchbacks were reserve for econboxes, but it's a really European look - I think with a little more time, it will really catch on as a design trend. (Ferrari's actually coming out with a hatch too!)

However, Honda needs to make reasonably priced backup cameras (in rear view mirror) an option. I don't think rear visiablity is too much worse than other cars, but it really "feels" like it is. I think they are making life really tough for the salesmen until they make that change. Especially considering may buyers might be coming down from a van - where the camera are typically available, and even standard.

·
Registered
236 Posts
wow! thanks for the welcome guys...

It's the light green, with cream leather interior.
4 wheel drive, - loaded, I think, but without nav.

I didn't actually have a lot of choice - I got an awesome deal ( about 6.5K off msrp!) on a leftover '10. The only other car left was white, but even with all color choices, I still would have gone with the green or black.

(my 911 is red...)

I took the CT for a spin last night.
Still impresses, solid and predicatable, great road feel, good power.
I live in a snow belt, and have had a bunch of subarus as a result. So, I'm looking forward to seeing how the 4wd works on this car. Prior family vehicle, an Oddessey handled really, really poorly in the snow, even with four Blizzaks installed, so I have my fingers crossed for a better result.

I like the CT's styling. It's unique in the States - till now, hatchbacks were reserve for econboxes, but it's a really European look - I think with a little more time, it will really catch on as a design trend. (Ferrari's actually coming out with a hatch too!)

However, Honda needs to make reasonably priced backup cameras (in rear view mirror) an option. I don't think rear visiablity is too much worse than other cars, but it really "feels" like it is. I think they are making life really tough for the salesmen until they make that change. Especially considering may buyers might be coming down from a van - where the camera are typically available, and even standard.
Congratulations on your new vehicle. I would say "Loaded" would be with the Navi and backup camera, plus 4wd? I do have the Navi Package/4wd and it is so nice. You don't really have to turn your head around to back the car up, so it makes it very easy. I like the style as well. Enjoy your new ride. I'm on my way to Cali........ see ya.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts