Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Johnyturbo progresse thread

5K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Johnyturbo 
#1 · (Edited)
I've realized that instead of posting everywhere about everything. I'll just start my own thread and dump everything in here.

I bought my 2014 crosstour in September 2015. Wanted a new one but 2014 was their last year in Canada. Bought a demo with 3000km. Was glad to hear that the warranty was starting when I bought it even if the car wasn't (new)
I was looking for a wagon that I could lowered and would look good (my opinion) with 20's

So after about a month, I've decided to take the oem struts off to see how low the car would sit and figure the offset I needed with my other accord wheels.

So my first mod was the air suspension. I went with accuair management and air lift strutsfrom 08-12accord. It took 2 1/2 days to install and about two weeks to correct all the leaks and knockings from air lines touching the body underneath the car.

After looking online for anything available for crosstours, I've decided to make my own frt lip. Bought a 2014 BRZ lip and extend it to fit the crosstour. The shape fit perfectly with the crosstour bumper.

my girl was trying to help me lol

I used Norton 04616 structural adhesive with mesh tape to shape the 4" missing between the two pieces.

Painted the lip with bumper plastic paint and gave it a quick final sand to get a really close match.

more to come!

See less See more
#2 ·
Awesome!

Really good work man!

I think I mentioned on another thread that the Air Lift suspension would be the ones I'd be interested in (over KSport) as they seem to have beefier bags... How's the ride on roads / in snow? Do they kick your stomach or have a lot of side to side sway when you go over bumps? Or is it close enough to stock that you can have your grandma in there and not worry about it.

As for requests:

First of all, I love that you took a picture of the air tank / compressor setup in the container, I'll definitely be stealing that if I go for air ride next year (still want to test out softer coilovers first).

However, given that you did the work yourself I'd love to see a more in depth DIY post for that project with part numbers, the order that you worked on the project, and most importantly some pictures of your line runs under the car, as well as the controller setup inside the car (wire runs into the controllers).

*You could make that post here too, just use the Advance Posting Mode and put an "DIY: Air Lift - Air Suspension" or something like that in the title so it's easily searchable.

I think the lip project is really cool, but I'd love to see the finished product on the road instead of the snow (to get an idea of clearance), and probably at a ride height that's higher than your air-ride height so people can get a better idea of whether it'll look good when not lowered.

I think the lip project is definitely higher difficulty in terms of DIY (I still don't have any idea how you filled the 4" gap)... but could be very interesting for some members on the forums.

Sorry if I'm requesting a lot, I'm just really excited for your build, and definitely look forward to your future mods!

Lastly,
Do you currently have the Acura TL RSB Mod? and which Rear Camber Kit did you use?

Also, might I suggest you start filling your signature out with your goodies now :)

#3 · (Edited)
Awesome!

Really good work man!

As for requests:

First of all, I love that you took a picture of the air tank / compressor setup in the container, I'll definitely be stealing that if I go for air ride next year (still want to test out softer coilovers first).
However, given that you did the work yourself I'd love to see a more in depth DIY post for that project with part numbers, the order that you worked on the project, and most importantly some pictures of your line runs under the car, as well as the controller setup inside the car (wire runs into the controllers).
*You could make that post here too, just use the Advance Posting Mode and put an "DIY: Air Lift - Air Suspension" or something like that in the title so it's easily searchable.
I think the lip project is really cool, but I'd love to see the finished product on the road instead of the snow (to get an idea of clearance), and probably at a ride height that's higher than your air-ride height so people can get a better idea of whether it'll look good when not lowered.
I think the lip project is definitely higher difficulty in terms of DIY (I still don't have any idea how you filled the 4" gap)... but could be very interesting for some members on the forums.
Lastly,
Do you currently have the Acura TL RSB Mod? and which Rear Camber Kit did you use?

Also, might I suggest you start filling your signature out with your goodies now :)
Hey thats alot of requests haha id be glad to put more pictures and try to explain it a little better but the administrators turned off the EDIT option. dont know if they can put it back on.

I dont have any camber kit since im still waiting for my new wheels and havent installed any acura parts yet. I will keep browsing the forum for good mods to do :)

#5 · (Edited)
So this is what ive done since the last time.

I tried to follow the brake lines underneath the car to run my air lines and i use the ABS hole in the wheel well to run the elevel sensors in frt.
I drilled a hole in the strut tower for the rear.
After having a bad experience with my accord coilovers that seized on me due to salt in the winter, I now grease the sh*t out of my struts in the winter lol I just pressure wash them in the Spring and they look like new! :)

This is the adhesive and fiberglass tape ive been using to join the 2 pieces of my 2011 brz lip

Im also making my own bumper splitter from a old frt lip i had.

Ive been trying to find a way to get lower in frt but the upper control arm was hitting the strut tower. So after realizing that the 09 accord knuckles were 1'' shorter than the crosstour,
I ordered a set and started the swap.
First problem i got was the crosstour caliper brakets were 1/16 too thick to go back in place and the bolts that holds the brackets in place were too big to screw in the accord knuckle so I ordered a set of 09 accord calipers and caliper bolts.
Second and last problem was the alignment.
The wheels were towing out and didnt felt comfortable unthreading the outer tie rod so i bought 2011 civic tie rods that happens to be 3/4'' longer.

This is the lowest i could go before

And this is now with the accord knuckles

#7 · (Edited)
Ive been searching for the new healdights for a while now and finally found somebody that could get them for us!

Unfortunatly, ill probably never get them since they would cost me over 2000$Can. :(

#8 · (Edited)
Hey! So instead of doing the headlights swap, I've just went with morimoto hid h11 5500k ,9005 high beam led kit and Acura morimoto led fog lights. Now it lights up bright white instead of that 2002 yellow look. I've also changed all the interior and license plate bulbs for white ones. Look so much better!

I've also finished my trunk setup

And this is a few shots from my last show :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.