Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to @ 30,000 miles replace/fill all my fluids: Transmission/Rear Differential/Brake/Coolant/etc.

If I replace and fill all the fluids before the Maintenance Minder goes off, will the minder go on at 30 and not recognize that I did the switch or Im totally fine to change everything at 30K? And will the minder go off the next time when it needs to be done?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are you doing the work yourself or is the dealer doing it? If the dealer does it, they can reset the maintenance minder. If you are doing it yourself, you will probably need to find out how to and reset it yourself.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Keep track of what you did when, and reset yourself. (Instructions are in the owner's manual.) Only issue is, if you do it before the maintenance minder calls for it, then it asks 10k later, and you reset again, it will be incorrect for the next cycle. Meaning if it asks again 30k later, you will have gone 40k.

Best bet is to do what it asks for when it asks for it . . . But if you really feel the need to do things sooner, keep very close track of everything.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have my local mechanic that I known for years and he does all my work on my cars.

To reset the MM is the same way I reset for when I do an oil change correct?

Turn the ignition switch to the ON(II) position.

2. Press the select/reset knob
repeatedly until the engine oil life
indicator is displayed

3. Press the select/reset knob for
about 10 seconds. The engine oil
life and the maintenance item
code(s) will blink.

4. Press the select/reset knob for
another 5 seconds. The
maintenance item code(s) will
disappear, and the engine oil life
will reset to ‘‘100.’’