Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this problem?
Since I updated my iPhone to OS 5, I'm getting strange behavior in my Crosstour.
1. When I'm listening to streaming audio (Pandora or Adam Carolla) and the phone rings, it starts playing a song from my library! It plays right over and during the phone call! I can't control the iPod if the USB cable is connected, so I have to pull the cable out, go to the iPod screen and stop the music. The caller can't hear the music, but I can hardly hear the caller with the music playing. This also happens when I'm not listening to anything - if the bluetooth is connected, it starts to play music when I make or receive a call.
2. When I connect my iPhone the display often shows song 1/1, even though there are 1,200+ songs. It usually goes right to the first song alphabetically, but sometimes it's a random song. I can still browse all albums, artists, playlists.

I don't know what to do. I thought it was strictly the iPhone, but I had a ford escape as a rental car last week and everything was fine. I tried synching my phone w/o music to remove my entire library and then synching it all back again, but that made no difference.

Suggestions?!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Is it an iPhone 3S?

I haven't experienced it with the 4S, but will take my 3 out today and try to mimic the problem for you.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the iPhone 4 (not the s).
Was fine until I updated the OS about 4 weeks ago.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it's either the streaming apps or I need to have my phone looked at. My phone is pretty full. I wonder if it's behaving badly b/c theres no free space. The OS 5 update was painful b/c of the lack of space.

·
Registered
621 Posts
So it's either the streaming apps or I need to have my phone looked at. My phone is pretty full. I wonder if it's behaving badly b/c theres no free space. The OS 5 update was painful b/c of the lack of space.
First thing's first... when was the last time you turned it off and let it sleep for a while before rebooting it?

Sometimes my iphone get's "cranky" and doing this will help it through it's woes.

If you go to get it looked at, the first thing they will tell you to do is "restore" it in iTunes... so save yourself the trouble and try that before you even go to Apple for insight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts