Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Honda owner's manual states not to install tires that differ from those that came stock (225/60/18), as it could effect VSA function. I am considering the installing 236/60/18, as there will be less revs/mile (so slightly improved gas mileage) and possibly better handling. In the winter, I use a 225/70/16 winter tire (mounted on some old Prelude rims), which are slightly less circumference than the 225/60/18, and they seem to work just fine; no VSA issues, and they grip very well (not so great cornering on drive pavement, but tolerable) on packed snow surfaces. Also, I've increased tire width on a Honda Pilot in the past with no issues. Thoughts from all the wise and noble Crosstour owners?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I run 235/65/17's with 1.5" spacers on Jeep rims and don't have issues. I did a similar thing on my old 07 Accord Ex V6, went from 215/50/17 stocks to 235/45/17's on different OEM Honda rims. I only increased width since the old rims were 17x6.5" and new rims were 17x7". I had no issues with the VSA back then or now.

I recommend using this tool to keep track of percentage changes: https://www.sizemytires.com/calculators/compare

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, very helpful. I suspected no issues, and good to know. I think the Honda legal team has a big say in the owners manual content, for better or worse. Rock on Crosstour in Colorado!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts