Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2011, Honda Crosstour V6 2wd
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found this group, i have an 2011 CT V6 2WD, ABS and the Drift light also switch on right after i did a brake pad replacement.
Currently it has 78k in it, had a recall not long ago and the dealership told me I should change my Timing Belt, should I change the water pump and everything at the same time? Is 78 k enough millage or should i wait more time? Would you recommend original parts or replacements? If you cold mention a particular brand that has worked for you it would be great!
In the morning, just starting the car taking it out of the garage in less than a minute running I hear a clunk sound near the gas pedal, "besides that I don't have any other timing belt symptom"

I will appreciate all of your recommendations, this is the first time it has given me any problem.

Thanks!
Merry Christmas 馃巹

Registered
Welcome, and congrats on your new CT! The timing belt should be replaced due to years (replace at 100K miles, or 7 years whichever comes first). The water pump is easily accessible in the service, so is replaced at the same time. Strongly recommend Honda parts only, important, from a dealer. Heard there are a lot of fakes online.

Make sure to check for rust/leak at the driver wheel well, rusting the back left trunk and under passenger seat. You can search for rust here, or let me know if you need more help checking. Welcome!

Registered
Yes, your overdue for replacement because of age.
I've been using Aisin brand kits on Honda's and other makes for many years. Never has this brand failed me. Contains OEM supplier parts.

I buy from RockAuto. You could probably find a 5% discount code on the Piloteers.org website.
Avoid Ebay.

Reactions: bucatronic31

Registered
Plugsand valve adjustment are 100k items. No idea how many people actually do the adjustment. Many people don't seem to with 200/250/300k miles
Spark plugs yes. NGK Laser Iridiums every 100k.
I do valve adjustment if I have one clicking louder than it should.

Reactions: bucatronic31

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Timing Belt, water pump, oil valve sealed all done still...... when i start the car early in the morning cold, when it hits 2nd i get a clunk sound on my pedals.... any idea what it might be?

Registered
Timing Belt, water pump, oil valve sealed all done still...... when i start the car early in the morning cold, when it hits 2nd i get a clunk sound on my pedals.... any idea what it might be?
A cold transmission giving symptoms of needing the transmission fluid changed. Has it been done? I recommend Full Synthetic Valvoline MaxLife in the 5-speed transmissions (2010-2012). If the fluid is dark, I'd plan to do a 3 time drain and fill. After the 1st D&F, drive until engine and transmission are warmed to operating temperature, D&F a 2nd time. I'd drive 100-200+ miles (a week or so), then do a 3rd D&F. MaxLife will help with any sticking shift solenoids.
Wal-Mart sells for $18, 1 gallon jug.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I did the transmission oil change about a year ago, dealership wrote on the receipt that they didn't hear anything. I will have to contact them again.
Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts