Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I have excessive oil consumption with my Crosstour. The dealer wants me to have the oil checked every 1,000 miles. After they topped it off and having gone 700 miles I believe I'm already down 1/2 quart.
I called Honda Cooperate Headquarters today and they said that acceptable oil consumption is 1 quart per 1,000 miles. That doesn't equate if the oil is changed approximately every 6,000 miles then you would be adding 6 quarts between oil changes.(current mileage is 9,800). My previous Toyota didn't loose a drop between oil changes which I had done every 3,000 miles and was advised that I could go 5,000 to 6,000 miles between oil changes.
Is this the price we pay for Honda ride comfort??

·
Registered
234 Posts
mine still ok no need to add any oil it over 3,000 miles.
I would not like it if i have to add 1qt on every 1,000 miles i will be piss some ppl from Honda's Headquarters they don't know SH*t i tell ya.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I agree. Heck , you would run out of oil if you didn't check it at a rate of 1 qt per 1k. Reasonably, who checks their oil every thousand miles today? (Sans a known problem)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I believe I have excessive oil consumption with my Crosstour. The dealer wants me to have the oil checked every 1,000 miles. After they topped it off and having gone 700 miles I believe I'm already down 1/2 quart.
I called Honda Cooperate Headquarters today and they said that acceptable oil consumption is 1 quart per 1,000 miles. That doesn't equate if the oil is changed approximately every 6,000 miles then you would be adding 6 quarts between oil changes.(current mileage is 9,800). My previous Toyota didn't loose a drop between oil changes which I had done every 3,000 miles and was advised that I could go 5,000 to 6,000 miles between oil changes.
Is this the price we pay for Honda ride comfort??
How many miles current Mike?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts