Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife and I just had another little girl (she's 5wks old) and we're also looking at buying a bigger house so I was looking at ways to save extra money. I figured I'd turn my lease in early (my brother in-law is finance mgr at a Honda dealer and he said it turning it in wouldn't be a problem) and get something "cheaper" and something that gets better mpg. For the past couple weeks I've been looking at a used/certified Venza, Ford Edge, Equinox, and the Terrain but couldn't make a decision.

I also just finished remodeling our upstairs bathroom and with putting sinks, mirrors, tiles and so on in my CT the car was a mess. I decided to finally wash it on lunch yesterday and WHOA...I totally fell back in love with her!! There was a limo driver there who was waiting for his car to be finished and he asked "man what is that" so I told him "it's a Honda Crosstour". He walks over to the car, looks inside and says "this is like a sports car, truck, and sedan all rolled up in one". Then he asked "you must love this because it looks great". I paused and was like "yea...I do and thanks". Needless to say on the ride back to work I called the wife and said "I don't think I can let her go". She says "you were the one saying you'd get rid of it but I knew it wouldn't happen...just keep the car". So as soon as I got back to work...I ordered door sill trim and the mat for the trunk. I'm going to treat my CT to a nice detailing this weekend and hope she forgives me for thinking about getting rid of her. :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
She'll forgive you. Hondas are like that. Not spoiled or demanding at all. :)

I sold my 2008 RAV4 yesterday after having it on AutoTrader for 7 weeks. It was the car I bought because the Crosstour didn't exist then. I love Hondas.

Oh, and congratulations on your new baby girl! How's your sleep these days? My babies are now 23 and 24 years-old. :eek:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I went to the SAAB Dealership ... Looked and test drove a 9-5 Aero XWD. I loved it. It was sporty, comfortable and luxurious. The salesperson asked me, "So are you looking to trade in your ... What is that, a Honda? I've never seen on of those before, it looks very nice ... and unique." I told him, "it's an Accord/Crosstour, and it's a great car ... anyway, no ... I just wanted to look and cop a feel." :D

·
Registered
622 Posts
Congrats on the family addition ... as my brother told me on my first one... 'Know all the spare time you have, forget it!'. That was 29 years ago today, and he was right, lol.
Good decision with the CT. Your most precious will be safe, and you are really going to appreciate the space for all of those things you need to pack when traveling with her.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Congrats on the family addition ... as my brother told me on my first one... 'Know all the spare time you have, forget it!'. That was 29 years ago today, and he was right, lol.
Good decision with the CT. Your most precious will be safe, and you are really going to appreciate the space for all of those things you need to pack when traveling with her.
LOL!

Leave it to DAD to really put things into perspective :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ ArmyDad and Kyras...thanks! I now look at sleep like my 1st love...I think about her from time to time, I miss her here and there but I learned to live without her LOL! And Army Dad your brother was right!!! I used to workout a lot and train Jiu Jitsu which slowed down after my 1st one was born but now forget about it. The newest addition turned 6wks yesterday and in those 6wks I think I worked out of trained twice. :( But it's all good...hopefully sometime in the near future I'll get back into the swing of things

·
Registered
172 Posts
^You will get back to working out. Priorities have to change with life and that's okay. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ Kyras - yea I know and I honestly don't mind the change. It was fun taking my daughter to an open house for ballet class last night instead of being in the gym. She's so excited but I think I'm more excited than she is :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I know what you mean, Dat_dude75. I was fortunate that I could be a stay-at-home mom for my kids. I loved it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts