Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Crosstour that I drive mostly on residential and local highways near the SF bay area in California. I very rarely drive in snow, more likely to be on a gravely road once or twice a year. I also take long road trips once or twice a year, also mostly on highways and freeways. I believe the Honda dealer near me recommends Continentals. Costco near me has several Bridgestone, BF Goodrich and Michelin options - the cheapest being the BF Goodrich Advantage (T/A Sport LT or Control). About $20 more per tire are the Bridgestone Alenza options, followed closely by the Michelin X Tour A/S 2 and Defender 2.

I truly know nothing about tires and would love recommendations on tires that will last the longest given my usual driving habits and fairly temperate climate - not too hot nor too cold, and definitely not enough rain!

Thanks so much!

· Registered
14 Posts
The Michelin Defender 2's are a great tire. I've had them on two other cars and they performed very well in all aspects of driving including inclement weather. Mileage neared 80k miles on both vehicles. Bridgestone and Yohohama both make good tires as well. I'm currently running Yokohama 740's on my CT and couldn't be happier.

For what you've described as your driving "habits", I'd look for an all weather passenger car tire with a high mileage rating. You usually get what you pay for with tires but put the money where you need it (lifespan of the tire vs. a grippy, performance tire).

· Registered
83 Posts
I just put 4 BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sports on and live in So. Cal. Knowing the roads in your area (familiar with the East Bay), whatever you get, get the warranty as I know the roads in that area are awful. The tires are too new to me to give a longevity report but I'm happy with them so far.

· Registered
34 Posts
I was in a bit of similar predicament with my 2011 E-XL. So I did a search for best tire for my car, Michelin was well rated as was the Continental Tru Contact , which is what I ended up with, and very happy with an amazingly quiet tire.
Tire reviews
One more thing regarding tires. I Live in Canada, we have 2 seasons here, Winter, and Construction season. So I also have winter Nokian Winter tires, mounted on rims, to make for easy change.

· Registered
2012 EX-L V6 AWD with Navigation
8 Posts
If you haven't gotten your tires already, I've had both Michelin and BF Goodrich. The Michelins lasted over twice as long. They cost a bit more, but worth it in the long run. And this is not just for the Crosstour, but also for a Toyota I've had for almost 24 years. Michelins would last 8 years+ while the Goodrich tires lasted not even 4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts