Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Crosstour.

I have my phonebook saved in the Nav system, however in order to pull up a contact via the voice command it seems I have to enter each one in separately. I've had several members of my family try and even a Verizon rep at the store with no success. Is there any way to be able to access all the phonebook contacts with the voice command without entering each one in separately?

thanks.

·
Registered
621 Posts
It is sort of convoluted, from what I can remember (while sitting here on my couch) is that you have to first, import your phonebook, AND THEN select individual contacts and add them to the Voice system.

When you add each one individually, that's when the system learns the voice command. (You select the contact, and then speak the name of what you want it to be called.)

The system is not capable of determining what a contact name should sound like and guessing what you want on it's own. You have to teach it for each contact individually.

(I decided just to add the handful of people I call the most.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wish Honda would let us just invoke the phones voice dial. I rented a Chevy Malibu a few weeks ago. I was able to get to Siri on my iphone with the steering wheel dial button.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Xaque is right. They are really two seperate systems: 1) Hands Free Link, and 2) the Imported Phone Book from your cell phone that is stored in the Navi system.

The best way to integrate the two systems is to manually program your most used numbers into the Hands Free Link system. That way you can simply say..."Call Uncle Fred." For the other numbers downloaded from your cell phone you can access those through the Navi system by pressing the "Info" button, or saying "Information," then going to "Imported Cell Phone." You can call these, or store them into the Hands Free Link System by pushing the interface knob to the right.

Just make sure to delete and re-import your stored cell phone numbers regularly if your contacts change frequently.

I didn't know that the GM products were integrating with the iPhone so well. I'll have to check that out because it would be great to use Siri from the car. I'll be driving a Ford for a 2,000 mile trip to Colorado in two weeks and chose it because of their technology. (I wanted to keep the miles off of the Crosstour and just took a 1,000 mile trip in it last week to Kansas).

·
Registered
621 Posts
I wish Honda would let us just invoke the phones voice dial. I rented a Chevy Malibu a few weeks ago. I was able to get to Siri on my iphone with the steering wheel dial button.
Can you not hold down the home button on the iphone to trigger it? (Whilst the phone is connected to the car.)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Tried your idea out -

I paired an iphone 4S with the Hands Free Link system and the Siri responses spoke through the Crosstour audio system. It seemed to work well. I didn't try it on the road, but in the garage I set the phone on the closed cup holder door and was able to activate Siri and speak in a normal voice while not looking at the phone's screen. While this feature was on, the radio audio was turned off as though I was on a phone call. The audio stayed off until I pressed the "hang up" button on the wheel.

When I plugged the iphone into the USB port, the phone pairing functions didn't work.

I hope that this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts