Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
322 Posts
Good News.. (and I don't even know what year you have) Honda's are very easy to upgrade... you can pretty much just plug in components...

Bad News... VERY expensive to upgrade to Nav. At least that is my experience in looking for the parts for the 2010 - 2012 run. Not sure about the 2013 and up system.

I just looked on Ebay. The head unit used is $400. The screen another $200. That doesn't include the other misc bits like the climate control screen, GPS antenna, and so on.

My guess would be you would be in to it for over a grand going used. And it is an out of date system in the 2010 to 2012...

I personally use my phone.. LOL.

Reactions: JimH

· Registered
476 Posts
An aftermarket GPS might be a better option for you. If it breaks or you just want an upgrade it's easy to replace (and cheap), most come with lifetime map and firmware updates, that would be additional cost from a Honda factory unit, when it finally becomes available...

by William Shivers, on Flickr

The GPS pictured is a Garmin ZUMO 665 that serves double duty with my Honda Goldwing Touring Bike. The "Hockey Puck" on the dash is the XM Radio for the 665 and is used for XM Weather/Traffic on the 665 which also has XM radio built into it (used on my motorcycle) I replaced the "puck with a FM traffic power cord as that is all I needed in the Crosstour, much cleaner install.

I've recently replaced the 665 with a larger screened (7 Inch) Garmin nüvi 2798LMT GPS with Backup Camera. It was originally going into my wife's 2003 Accord, but we are looking to replace the Accord with a new HRV soon... So the 2798 now lives in the Crosstour, just no need for the backup camera since the CT already has one.

· Registered
34 Posts
If you do find that you can add the stock navigation, please understand it is HONDA navigation and is not user friendly or very accurate at all. My 2015 EXL V6 Nav 4WD has it and I use a stand alone Garmin GPS system or google maps on my Android phone. I would not recommend you "upgrade" your vehicle with this.

*Note, my 2019 Ridgline RTL-T has Garmin Navigation as standard equipment and I love it.

· Registered
3 Posts
If you do find that you can add the stock navigation, please understand it is HONDA navigation and is not user friendly or very accurate at all. My 2015 EXL V6 Nav 4WD has it and I use a stand alone Garmin GPS system or google maps on my Android phone. I would not recommend you "upgrade" your vehicle with this.

*Note, my 2019 Ridgline RTL-T has Garmin Navigation as standard equipment and I love it.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts