Honda Crosstour Forums banner

How old were you when you bought your Crosstour?

• Under 20-years old

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 20 to 29-years old

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • 30 to 39-years old

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • 40 to 49-years old

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • 50 to 59-years old

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • 60 to 69-years old

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 70 to 79-years old

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 80 or more years old

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
RyansQuick6 and deuce271, why did you buy a Crosstour? Hmm. Sounds like a new thread title. Family? Hauling capacity?
I live in the northeast. My commute to work is 22 miles. Saying the Civic Si performs poorly in the snow is an understatement. I was getting grief at work for not being able to make it in on time when we got any amount of snow.

Also, I got married a year ago and my wife cannot drive a stick. So if we went out and I drove and had a few drinks, we were staying. Wife didn't like that we had to plan on who's car we were taking based on who was driving.

My wife has a 2006 Toyota Corolla S. It's a good, nice car for her (and it's paid off). Having two small vehicles was not very good. Whenever we had to load up a car and go somewhere, we couldn't really. Also, this car isn't great in the snow (better than the Si though). Often times when it snowed, we were really stuck.

Both of our parents live pretty far away from us. My parents are 1 hour and 3 hours away. Her parents are 3.5 hours away. The Si and her Corolla S but kind of suck for long road trips. Road noise, lack of leg room, lack of cargo room, etc. always leave us so worn out and in unpleasant moods after arriving. We needed a nice road trip vehicle.

Put all of this together, we wanted an SUV type vehicle that was different, a little better on fuel economy, and really good for trips. The CT was this for us.

I do not mind the 200+ miles trips we have to make monthly anymore. With the 4WD, I do not have to worry about getting stuck in the snow anymore. We no longer have to debate which car to take when going out, my wife can drive this. I no longer have to call a buddy to borrow their SUV/truck to move reasonably large objects anymore. I'm averaging about 24MPG with this CT, my Si was only getting 28-31MPG.

For us, the CT is a home run. We're still young, but we really needed a practical vehicle. This was it for us. Also, I'm sure we'll have kids soon enough. Two door sports cars aren't the most child friendly.

On a side note, I really miss my Si. I need to talk my wife into letting me get a weekend car. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
^The Crosstour sounds like a perfect solution and I understand you missing your Si. I've had an S2000 for over 10 years and I have to have one. I go to the east coast every year for S2000 meets, and hit two this year already: Asheville, North Carolina in May and Marietta, Ohio in June. I rode as the passenger of other S2000 friend/owners but have driven my '05 S2000 back three times for meets.

http://www.crosstourownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=984
BTW, ^this is another thread I started about "Why did you buy your Crosstour?" deuce271, you pretty much already said why you did, and I thank you. I find it interesting with this being a new model and me being a Honda fan.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm surprised by first time Honda buyers buying a Crosstour.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm not so surprised. Everyone knows Honda's great reputation, so that makes any Honda model a good candidate for a first Honda.
I think it's all about features and what fits the buyer's needs. The Accord is SO popular, I have to think that if they had marketed the CT from the beginning as part of the Accord lineup (as another trim level instead of a separate model) that it would be MUCH more popular. There's an Accord coupe and sedan, but no wagon and no AWD. The CT probably flies under the radar just b/c they made it a new model instead of reaching all of the shoppers researching the Accord.

No one would be surprised by a first time Honda buyer choosing an Accord. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm not so surprised. Everyone knows Honda's great reputation, so that makes any Honda model a good candidate for a first Honda.
I think it's all about features and what fits the buyer's needs. The Accord is SO popular, I have to think that if they had marketed the CT from the beginning as part of the Accord lineup (as another trim level instead of a separate model) that it would be MUCH more popular. There's an Accord coupe and sedan, but no wagon and no AWD. The CT probably flies under the radar just b/c they made it a new model instead of reaching all of the shoppers researching the Accord.

No one would be surprised by a first time Honda buyer choosing an Accord. :)
^True. I guess I'm still getting used to my own Crosstour. It's got more of an American car look to the front end, being big and in-your-face more than a typical Honda. I'm thinking that might be part of the reason people who normally buy American are looking at the Crosstour.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Seems like everyone is so young. I am 60 and this is my first Honda. I drive quite a bit for work (30,000 miles a year) so I have been through a few cars. The last couple cars have been all wheel or 4 wheel drive and Honda did not have an all wheel drive car I liked until the CT. After 16,0000 miles, I still like it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
yes they throw a tone of salt on the road ! it eats the cars !:mad:
You're absolutely right Rusty... Tons and tons of salt... So, no choice to protect it otherwise it's nightmare for the car body...

·
Registered
30 Posts
55 just purchased. Wanted HONDA, AWD, more trunk room, accommodating a bigger me, and safety. I plan to add a hitch at some point to increase cargo capability, even with 1500 lb limit.

·
Super Moderator
339 Posts
Second Honda I've purchased; 44 at the time.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts