Honda Crosstour Forums banner

How old were you when you bought your Crosstour?

• Under 20-years old

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 20 to 29-years old

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • 30 to 39-years old

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • 40 to 49-years old

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • 50 to 59-years old

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • 60 to 69-years old

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 70 to 79-years old

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 80 or more years old

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How old were you when you (or your husband/wife/significant other/etc) bought the Crosstour?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm curious how old Crosstour buyers are. I'm guessing it's a more mature age than say, a Honda Civic buyer. I'm 53-years old and this is my 8th Honda, 7 of them bought new. Honda Girl Am I. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't want to give away my age, but I will say I was born in the mid 70's...

Very interesting demografic research, Kyras.

My last car was an `06 Ford Freestyle LTD. I never had a problem with it, but as soon as made my last payment, I just had to buy me a Honda... I kinda' have always wanted one.

I gave the Ford Freestyle to my dad ... still in prestine condition (no kids), even had one more year active warranty. I figured I really owed him since he got me my first car. :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
81 Posts
54 and this is my 6th new Honda Accord. I started with Accord 84 and so on

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
54 and this is my 6th new Honda Accord. I started with Accord 84 and so on
Stuck on Hondas, eh? :D My first Honda was a new 1982 Prelude, when I was 24. Then it was a string of more Hondas...

1987 Accord 4-door. (Had one kid.) Sold for the wagon and more room.
1991 Accord Wagon. (Had a German Shepherd and two kids.) Sold with over 100,000 miles on it.
1998 Odyssey. (Mom mobile.) Sold with over 100,000 miles on it.
2001 S2000. (Ex husband has it.)
2005 S2000. (Still have.) Has almost 93,000 miles on it.
2005 Acura (Honda in Japan) NSX. Still have it. Has about 22,700 miles on it.
2008 Toyota RAV4 (V6). Honda didn't make anything fast then. I hated to buy the Toyota but didn't see a Honda option. Need to sell it!

2011 Crosstour. Ah, back to Honda. :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Stuck on Hondas, eh? :D My first Honda was a new 1982 Prelude, when I was 24. Then it was a string of more Hondas...
In fact the first car I bought was in 74. Japanese car was not very well made in that period. Honda had very motor but the body was terrible. A lot of rust after couple months. Anyhow, my first car was a convertible Oldsmobile Cutlass 72 with white stripes on the hood. Under my feet I had the famous 350 in. cu. with special carburetor. (car was modified by previous owner). It was a rocket, believe me. Following that I get married and with upcoming baby, had no choice to change car. I went with a Buick Century 80, 4 doors up to my Honda Accord 84 when the gaz pricing was becoming pretty high in that time.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^I've always bought Japanese cars. My first was a 1970 Datsun 510. It wasn't a car I wanted but it became available just when I needed a car to drive to college. Sold it for almost what I paid for it, with over 130,000 miles. I've always lived in Southern California so rust is never a problem here. Where do you live, that rust is an issue?

·
Registered
534 Posts
We were having a baby and I wanted to get the car before he came. I didn't want to worry about my wife getting used to a new car and a baby at the same time, I hated her POS neon since the day we got together, and was originally going to buy her a Lightning. When she got pregnant I toyed with the idea of getting her a Raptor, but at the time they had the small 5.4 and only extended cab. Sure enough, now they offer the 6.2 and the crew cab, so I think I'll have to save up and get that one for my self.

We found ours by accident, my wife doesn't know the difference between Honda and Hyundai, and we were going to look at the Genisis. I was debating between the Audi A4 and the Taurus SHO, since they are family cars that I can have fun in. We went to the Honda dealer by accident and saw a white CT is the service drive while making a U-turn.

I think it was the rear seat fold down handles that got me, and the reversable panels in the hatch

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
35 here company car it was the only honda i haven't had !

·
Registered
156 Posts
Bought mine at 27. I was attracted to it because it's the perfiect blend of sport and luxury with a touch of utility thrown in (and I think it looks mean just sitting there). What sold me on it was my first test drive (all 5 minutes of it) the car fit me like a glove, the height when getting in and out, the location of the wheel and pedals. It literally felt as if the car had been designed around me. This was my first Honda (not counting the wife's car). I traded in an 04 Grand Prix GT for it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
^I've always bought Japanese cars. My first was a 1970 Datsun 510. It wasn't a car I wanted but it became available just when I needed a car to drive to college. Sold it for almost what I paid for it, with over 130,000 miles. I've always lived in Southern California so rust is never a problem here. Where do you live, that rust is an issue?
Leaving up North in Quebec Region. Rust is a serious issue here. Reason why it's almost a must to get it treated if you would like to keep it many years and get more value when you re-sell the car.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Leaving up North in Quebec Region. Rust is a serious issue here. Reason why it's almost a must to get it treated if you would like to keep it many years and get more value when you re-sell the car.
Is it because the roads are salted?

·
Registered
123 Posts
38 at the time. I wanted AWD and luxury features, but I didn't want to drive a big SUV. This fits the bill nicely!

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts