Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a shocker at the cost of the filter in the water/fuel separator. How often do I need to change it? At roughly $100 I hope I don't have to change it to often.

While I am at it I was also shocked that the air filter is about $100 as well. At that price I think I'll just get an aftermarket intake system. 3 filter changes would cover the cost of nearly any aftermarket system.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Air filter at my dealer is $56. Maybe call an independent shop or price at another dealer. Ebay filter will be much less.

·
Super Moderator
792 Posts
Everyone on this board should be checking and thus changing their own air filter as needed. You can purchase a new air filter CA10468 filter on Amazon for less than $15. There is great video for replacing the air filter at: www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2012_Honda_Crosstour_EX-L_3.5L_V6/air_filter_engine/replace

Make sure to check the air filter number for your specific vehicle. I tend to purchase four at a time when I find a deal on Ebay or RockAuto.com. Total time to replace an air filter on a Honda Crosstour should be about 4 or 5 minutes. If you are unsure how to do this, watch the video over and over until you can.

·
Registered
66 Posts
For the air filter AND cabin air filter combined, I spend less than $40 delivered to my door from rockauto.com and it literally takes minutes to change both of them, where the stealership wanted $150 for labor. GTFOH Check rockauto's price for your fuel filter too.

EDIT..........The cabin air filter is located right behind the glove box on the passenger side of the dash. You'll find pins on either side of the glove box after you open it. Squeeze the sides of the glove box inward and let the box open completely, and lift it out. The cabin air filter is right there, no tools are needed to change it. This video is an Accord, but.......same car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts