Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have driven an Element for the last seven years. I told my wife we should start shopping for a new car. She liked the Element so much she wanted another but when she went in to look they informed her that they no longer made it. She didn't want a used one so I told her to check out the Ridgeline. I really wanted one but she didn't want a truck and since I ride my BMW 1100 RT rain and shine it was her call. All I asked was for her to test drive it. We are a one car family with a single car garage. So when I came home on the second day of her looking she was ready to take me to sign the papers. She had chosen a silver metallic 2011 CrossTour EX. It wasn't used but had never sold with 120 miles on it. I balked.i questioned them on whether they had issues with the car and they assured us they had not. My wife really likes the dealership and how they have taken care of her over the last seven years so here we are. Little did I know that this CT is a boat, sixteen long feet. We had to empty the garage out just to get it to fit and the motorcycle. Any advice on the car would be great. I am just worried the 271 horsepower will be too much for my wife and the tickets will start coming. Big difference between the CT and the element's 150 horses.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The other day I was getting out of my CT and heard this Growling noise coming from the a car and it was a CT. Some guy had just hit the gas pretty hard going down the street. WOW, it sounded pretty good, I have never heard the Exhaust sound from the outside before. :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Our 2010 Crosstour has been a very good car and it is solid as a rock. It is big and what you see is what you get. They are not big sellers I think because of price and perhaps fuel economy. Ours is a little hard on fuel in city but is above average on the highway for its size and drivetrain. Overall it is an excellent car and we really like ours.

Mert Cheney

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts
Our 2010 Crosstour has been a very good car and it is solid as a rock. It is big and what you see is what you get.

<snip>

Overall it is an excellent car and we really like ours.
+1 - still quite happy with my 2010 4wd/Navi Silver CT.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have only driven it once this week. I liked it. But other than weekends the car is all hers. Can't wait to take it on a road trip.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had a young couple come in to my dealership last year - same situation: she had a very nice Element, loved it - wanted a new car.

They drove a Pilot, CR-V, and settled on an EX-L Crosstour. She was a TINY woman, but wanted a SOLID car with guts and more luxury.

IMHO, you REALLY have to lay-into the gas to get the CT to move. With a gentle foot, it is as docile as a ***** cat. :D

I never used to like the Element - but it has grown on me as a unique utilitarian vehicle. You and your wife will enjoy the luxurious comfort of the CT, and still have the same or better mpg's and 4wd of the Element.

Good choice! Now go buy YOURSELF a new 1600GTL!!! :p

gr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts