Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm missing it in the manual. But I'm just not seeing how you turn the Navi off without turning the car off. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you just want a black screen, you can hit the "Day/Night" button 3 times. It's the one that has a sun and moon on it. It makes the screen go bright, dim, and off.

If you need to see the audio info (and not the Navi), just hit the "Audio" button.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you just want a black screen, you can hit the "Day/Night" button 3 times. It's the one that has a sun and moon on it. It makes the screen go bright, dim, and off.

If you need to see the audio info (and not the Navi), just hit the "Audio" button.
Seems easy enough, although I don't know why there isn't just an off button! Thanks for the quick response!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you never press the OK button when you start the car, the NAV will go off in a couple of minutes.
Yes, I know, I was just referring to when I'm actually using it, but when I'm close enough to my destination that I know where I am, I don't want it on anymore. Or if I look something up on it , then realize where I need to go, I also don't want it on anymore!

·
Registered
622 Posts
I was going to put in an address for 'Home', not the one protected by a pin. I was going to put an address to a sheriff's substation about a mile away. If it was ever stolen it could be comical to a thief heading for your house.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hit "cancel" and it will stop directing you. Or just hit the speak button on the steering wheel and tell it to cancel route.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was going to put in an address for 'Home', not the one protected by a pin. I was going to put an address to a sheriff's substation about a mile away. If it was ever stolen it could be comical to a thief heading for your house.
Great point - wouldn't want a thief driving straight to your house (since you're obviously out) and using your home link to open your doors!
In that case, even a neighbors address can be too close...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Do want to turn off the screen, turn off the guidance, or turn off the map display?

·
Registered
621 Posts
If you push the brightness button multiple times until the display turns off, it will also suspend the turn-by-turn navigation (but not cancel the navigation).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do want to turn off the screen, turn off the guidance, or turn off the map display?
Yes. yes. and yes.

I followed pwjf081870 suggestion ( just push the day/nite button 3 times) and that is what I want!!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts