Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2011 EX-L with auto headlights. I've searched this forum but couldn't find an answer and there's nothing in the owner's manual about this, either.

If I turn the headlight stalk from Auto to off, the headlights go off, but the parking lights and running lights remain on.
Is there a way to turn it all off? :confused:

Thanks!

Vince.

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
Hi Vince
There is a difference between your parking lights or sometimes called your dim lights and your DRL (Daytime Running Lights) which come on ALL the time. There is a thread on this board about how to disable your DRL. Just do a search for Daytime Running Lights.

NOTE: The DRL are designed to make you more visible to other drivers. Disabling any safety device could contribute to an accident.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I forget, but is there the feature/toggle to keep the lights on for a select amount of time after the car is turned off? Like a courtesy light to find your way to the door without falling on your face after tripping over a armadillo and then getting a broken nose and becoming so ugly that you get fired from your job and end up selling pencils on a street corner just to make ends meet?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I forget, but is there the feature/toggle to keep the lights on for a select amount of time after the car is turned off? Like a courtesy light to find your way to the door without falling on your face after tripping over a armadillo and then getting a broken nose and becoming so ugly that you get fired from your job and end up selling pencils on a street corner just to make ends meet?
Yes it's called "HEADLIGHT AUTO OFF TIMER" and can be set for 60, 30, or 15 seconds. However, I have no idea how to change it.

On a Pilot you set it with the steering wheel controls, but I played around with ours and couldn't get it. Also nothing under the deepest options within the nav for a couple of the weird settings. I have a post out on Honda-Tech forums with no useful replies in a few days. I'm almost leaning towards it being a setting that can only be changed on the HDS computer at the dealer. . .I have to go in for my 1st oil change in a week or two, so I will ask.

PS - to OP, you can disable the actual DRLs, not the parking lights, by pulling fuse #15 under the drivers side footwell fusebox

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes it's called "HEADLIGHT AUTO OFF TIMER" and can be set for 60, 30, or 15 seconds. However, I have no idea how to change it.

On a Pilot you set it with the steering wheel controls, but I played around with ours and couldn't get it. Also nothing under the deepest options within the nav for a couple of the weird settings. I have a post out on Honda-Tech forums with no useful replies in a few days. I'm almost leaning towards it being a setting that can only be changed on the HDS computer at the dealer. . .I have to go in for my 1st oil change in a week or two, so I will ask.

PS - to OP, you can disable the actual DRLs, not the parking lights, by pulling fuse #15 under the drivers side footwell fusebox
I don't feel like walking all the way out to my car right now... but I'm pretty sure the Owner's Manual outlines the procedure for changing these things. (Along with the unlock/lock sequence, etc)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't feel like walking all the way out to my car right now... but I'm pretty sure the Owner's Manual outlines the procedure for changing these things. (Along with the unlock/lock sequence, etc)
Negative ghost rider. . .I just spent some time going through mine, including the "technology manual," hoping to get that info and it only goes over the door lock behavior programming.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Oh, wait...

Do they stay on when the light selector is in "Auto"?

I leave mine in the "Off" position and my lights turn off immediately when I shut the engine off. No courtesy lights for me.

And you're right, I am dangerous, Aceman.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Oh, wait...

Do they stay on when the light selector is in "Auto"?

I leave mine in the "Off" position and my lights turn off immediately when I shut the engine off. No courtesy lights for me.

And you're right, I am dangerous, Aceman.
Yes p. 72 of the manual alludes to the headlights "staying on for 15 seconds after door is opened and closed when in AUTO mode," it doesn't mention the 30/60 second settings that I'm pretty sure are in there though. . .

PS - I don't like the way you fly, it's not safe!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes p. 72 of the manual alludes to the headlights "staying on for 15 seconds after door is opened and closed when in AUTO mode," it doesn't mention the 30/60 second settings that I'm pretty sure are in there though. . .

PS - I don't like the way you fly, it's not safe!
By the way, the data on the MiG is inaccurate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts