Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Honda Crosstour V6 EXL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2013 Honda Crosstour V6 EXL with 135,000 miles on it . I purchased it used back in 2018 with 63-65k miles on it . So far I have had to replace the Abs modulator , power steering control unit, steering case , new brakes & rotors, tires, transmission had a leak that had to be fixed , leak in the trunk that flooded my back stead when I first purchased it … and more I can’t think of right now. . Fast forward I don’t remember the gas mileage being so bad when I first got it but when gas prices sky rocketed last year I started really paying attention becuase I started to frequent the gas station and obviously draining my wallet . At one point I filled my car up with 15.5 gallons and then another time it went up to 17 gallons (very very weird) . I know a gas tank cannot increase in size but that’s what the meter read . I was getting maybe 260 miles to a full tank before saying this is ridiculous. Started looking into Maintanence to help with gas mileage and so far did a transmission fluid flush in 2021 , this year (2022) I have replaced all 6 spark plugs , put in a new air filter , and I stay current with oil changes and tire rotations . New tires were put on in july Of 2021 (nexxons) . I am now getting 315-330 miles on a full tank however my “Range” on the Trip information screen projects it at over 400. I have contacted economy Honda (not helpful unless I want to dump hundreds into them diagnosing it when the gentleman is very very unsure if he can ) . I also don’t know if it’s related but for a while now have heard a pressure release noise at about 50 miles an hour and have had what I thought to be the start of transmission issue (hard downshifting and up shifting) . Honda cleared my card and found nothing wrong .
I could really use some guidance and help in trying to figure out how to improve my gas mileage because I still feel like it should be better .

·
Registered
58 Posts
330/18 is 18mpg. These have 18.5 gal gas tanks. I think around 18 is normal to good? Though you may be able to get better on the highway. I get 10 in my V6 accord coupe

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine never fills to 18 gallons . It stops at 15.5 gallons max .
You probably aren't draining into completely empty then. Even when the gas light comes on I think you still have a gallon and a half or something according to Honda

·
Registered
2013 Honda Crosstour V6 EXL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You probably aren't draining into completely empty then. Even when the gas light comes on I think you still have a gallon and a half or something according to Honda
I do though 😩 I just filled mine up this morning and it had 15 miles left in it and still only let me put 15.5 gallons in it .
(I thought the same thing . Drain it and then see how much it will let me out in it )

·
Registered
58 Posts
I do though 😩 I just filled mine up this morning and it had 15 miles left in it and still only let me put 15.5 gallons in it .
(I thought the same thing . Drain it and then see how much it will let me out in it )
Are you letting it settle for 30 seconds and then pumping more?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can't help diagnose the issues but can contribute on the fuel capacity and mileage.

I've never put more than 16 gallons in mine and I usually wait until I'm less than a 1/8 of a tank because I'm lazy, LOL. Even when the fuel light comes on (40 mile range), it's like was said earlier, 15.5 or so.

I'm a maintenance junkie and knock on wood, haven't replaced anything other than tires, a battery and then the water pump and tensioners when I replaced the timing belt. I've been really lucky there considering I'm nearly at 130k. I live in a rural area and drive with a light foot. I average about 22.5 with mixed driving. I also do a lot of highway driving and long road trips. I've learned that 77 mph is the sweet spot for fuel mileage and it's not uncommon to average 28-30 when I can set the cruise there and not get impatient.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can't help diagnose the issues but can contribute on the fuel capacity and mileage.

I've never put more than 16 gallons in mine and I usually wait until I'm less than a 1/8 of a tank because I'm lazy, LOL. Even when the fuel light comes on (40 mile range), it's like was said earlier, 15.5 or so.

I'm a maintenance junkie and knock on wood, haven't replaced anything other than tires, a battery and then the water pump and tensioners when I replaced the timing belt. I've been really lucky there considering I'm nearly at 130k. I live in a rural area and drive with a light foot. I average about 22.5 with mixed driving. I also do a lot of highway driving and long road trips. I've learned that 77 mph is the sweet spot for fuel mileage and it's not uncommon to average 28-30 when I can set the cruise there and not get impatient.

Me too, I have a 2012, and I love it, I did a tune-up last year, and then I had them replace the timing belt w/ water pump. Change brakes & tires, that's it. Car runs fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts