Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car seems to need new hood struts as the hood now will not stay up on its own, has anybody had this problem? I found replacement ones on Ebay, I was going to order a set later this week. Mine is a 2011.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have this problem on my 2013. Seems to be common. I haven’t looked at getting replacements yet but I’m hoping to find good quality ones that won’t fail again quickly.

·
Super Moderator
339 Posts
I too have issues with mine- more often when it it is cooler outside. Let us know how the ones on Amazon work out as I am in the market for replacements as well.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
My car seems to need new hood struts as the hood now will not stay up on its own, has anybody had this problem? I found replacement ones on Ebay, I was going to order a set later this week. Mine is a 2011.
This is an easy, very satisfying fix. I'd purchase them from CAR ID and get the highest quality you can buy, as they're not that expensive. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Greetings From Sunny SoCal - Well Today it's more like Smokey SoCal -
It is perfectly normal over the course of the lifetime of a strut, that it would eventually loose pressure and stop working. -
I purchased the Stabilus Hood Struts Part#:152663640 for my 2011 CT from the local O'Reilly's - Pretty much Plug-n-Play - Except for the need of an extra pair of hands to hold the hood up or something handy to hold the hood up. Just a couple of screws and you're done.

Definitely makes working under the hood much easier, with no hood prop to get in the way.

Trav -
If you got'm - smoke'm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts