Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(from the Associated Press)

A woman who expected her Civic Hybrid to be her dream car wants Honda to pay for not delivering the 50 mpg it promised.

But rather than joining other owners in a class-action lawsuit, Heather Peters is going solo against the automaker in small-claims court, an unusual move that could offer a bigger payout. And if successful, it could open the door to a flood of similar lawsuits.

A trial is set for today in Torrance, CA, where American Honda Motor Co. has its West Coast headquarters.

Peters, a former lawyer, says that as her vehicle's battery deteriorated, it got only 30 mpg.

When Honda ignored her complaints, she filed legal papers seeking reimbursement for her trouble and the extra money she spent on gas. The suit could cost the company up to $10,000. If other Civic owners follow her lead, she estimates Honda could be forced to pay as much as $2 billion in damages. No high-priced lawyers are involved, and the process is streamlined.

more at http://apnews.excite.com/article/20120103/D9S1LRN00.html

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
wow people sue for anything now a days !

·
Registered
237 Posts
its a rather sad society we live in, having to cya on everything and jumping at your shadow, being over pc, super controlling all your freedoms in the name of securtiy, etc, etc... all so you won't be sued because you did, or failed to do something or another. sheesh.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Maybe she should sue the EPA for setting the numbers that Honda based their claims off of, afterall, they are the ones that put those numbers on EVERY car's window sticker.

·
Registered
180 Posts
You are right...it's so foolish to spend these type of efforts in the pursuit of money.

I checked my bill of sale and didn't see where Honda "promised" me any type of miles per gallon. The way I see it, Buying a car is like buying fruit...you check everything that you can, then you hope that it tastes as good as you imagined.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts