Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum. I have searched for stereo mods but have a few more questions. Am in North Jersey btw.
1. I saw a youtube video that shows how to access the secret menu in an Accord and turn off the ANC..anyone try this?

2. Does the Crosstour have a digital link like the Acura? Has anyone swapped out their HU and if so let me know where the thread is also has anyone hooked up a processor like JL cleans weep or MS8 or anything else Audison bit 10 to the stock system?

I think.I will stop here for now. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2010 model CT. As far as messing with the diagnostic menu, I did access it to mess around with disabling the ANC (which was only temporary). Turning it off resulted in an unpleasant bass reverb in the sub. I ended up removing the stock HU (sacrificing the so-so navigation/back up camera function). I installed a Pioneer double DIN receiver with lots of features (EQ, back up camera connection, Pandora app, separate sub/bass controls, etc.). I installed a HD back up camera that is way better than the OEM (you just have to look at the radio screen vs. the Nav screen). I replaced all the door speakers but they still run off the stock amp. I disabled both ANC microphones. I also disconnected the BT microphone and used the one that came with the receiver. I have a separate amp running the stock amp which made a big difference. I also have a Kicker ZR 240 amp hooked up to 2, 10" JL Audios. I removed the rear storage bin to hide the amp. The stock speakers were very light and mainly cardboard and went straight in the trash.

I upgraded the system in my Pilot too. I kept the HU (unable to replace it due being too integrated with other things). So, I had to buy a processor (the Lc6i is what I chose). I replaced the front/rear door speakers (added separates up front) and new amp to run them. I left all the other speakers (except sub) hooked up to the stock amp. The sub was given its own amp. Had to disable both ANC microphones of course but BT microphone works fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well what you think is not the question is it? As a few people on this forum can attest to once you have heard a high end stereo installed properly in your car it's very difficult to not want to repeat the experience again.

I don't blame you because perhaps your experience is different. But back to certain guys here like Pedro and Cadillac Bob (?).
I am thinking of taking my equipment from my old car and seeing what I can do.

Has anyone used an integration product like JL, Rockford or Audison Bit One yet? Also will a 6.9 speaker fit? I have rainbow platinums and I really would rather not change to another brand of speaker .

Any help appreciated !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
@Pathos which screen did you replace the top one I suppose. How hard was it? Did you use an accord harness on your Pioneer or is there a metro crosstour one. The LCI6 is a nice piece but I am thinking Helix or Audison for time delay. Eqing etc.

Please do PM me so we can have a more in depth conversation. I would really appreciate it.

I was thinking two amps myself. A Tru Tech for the front comps and a Zapco c2k 9.0 for the sub...not sure if it will be a pair of 10 w6v2s or modding the sun enclosure in the back and doing a Boston SPG 555.

The battery seems small did you fuse at the battery? How much 200 amps? Does anyone know what the alternator is rated at?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2015 CT V-6. Took it a shop and had them replace all the tweeters mid range with quality speakers. Installed a bigger woofer also. Left the HU in tact. The car really rocks now!! Cost me a couple of grand. Well worth it!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2015 CT V-6. Took it a shop and had them replace all the tweeters mid range with quality speakers. Installed a bigger woofer also. Left the HU in tact. The car really rocks now!! Cost me a couple of grand. Well worth it!
I am about to do the same, can you let me know what equipment and installation parts were used?
Do you have pictures?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts