Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Honda Crosstour (pictured above) is seeing lackluster sales and disappointing American Honda president and CEO Tetsuo Iwamura.

Iwamura said in a roundtable event related to the Tokyo Auto Show with journalists that it was a bad idea to originally bill the car as the Accord Crosstour because it made the CUV less individual.

Sales are down almost 36 percent at 16,679 for the Crosstour compared to last year when it sold 25,927. Those numbers were still far from Honda's originally expected 40,000 unit figure. We liked the 2010 Crosstour when we reviewed the 2010 model despite how ugly we found it something Iwamura wouldn't agree with.

He sounded surprised by the poor sales numbers, calling the Crosstour a car with "beautiful styling." Regardless of how you feel about the Crosstour's looks, Iwamura pledged to make the Crosstour a successful vehicle in the future so it probably wont disappear any time soon.

More: Honda Crosstour Sales Disappoint CEO on Autoguide.com

·
Registered
180 Posts
It's good to know that Iwamura is behind the Crosstour and believes in its potential.

I hope that this means that they will advertise it more. So many people that I've talked to have never heard of it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Very little if any marketing for the Crosstour. I didn't know it exsisted until I visited the Honda lot looking for a new car last year. Haven't noticed one ad for it yet.

·
Super Moderator
373 Posts
There was at least one commercial that had the CT in it earlier in the year. I seem to recall seeing one occasionally during the NHL post season.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hope it stays I like its look its not so plain and a carbon copy like all other cars and its the best of both worlds SUV and Sedan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I hope it stays I like its look its not so plain and a carbon copy like all other cars and its the best of both worlds SUV and Sedan.
I totally agree. I like the look of the Crosstour and thought it was weird for a publication to use the word "ugly". That's a very subjective word. I guess they don't know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder! But yes, they'll need to actually MARKET this vehicle if they want to sell more. I wouldn't have heard of it if I wasn't specifically looking for a crossover type of vehicle and saw it online when researching the CR-V. I honestly don't think I've ever seen one out on the road. I know it's not good for Honda, but I like having a rather "unique" vehicle. Got mine 3 days ago with the lease special going on this week. Love it so far, but have to get used to that rear window and the rear view camera. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nothing ugly about it

i must agree. I had never seen or heard of the CT until visiting Hondas website.My wife and I love its unique style.It is not a cookie cutter look.After a 98 CRV,and an 03 S2000,the CT was a must.We look forward to many miles/years of Honda performance and a look I expect to be stand the test of time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We bought the car by checking the website. Hadnt seen one commercial for it. After going to the website for the new accord 4 door we came across the CT and loved it!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts