Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Engine light went on my 2010 Crosstour and received a code of P3497 Cylinder Deactivation System Bank 2. Based on the code this can be considered a severe issue. Oil level is ok, 30% life at the current moment. Is this issue mainly related to a valve pause issue or rocker arm oil pressure switch needed to be replaced? Planning on taking the mechanic, unless its an easy fix. Any info or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi everyone,
Engine light went on my 2010 Crosstour and received a code of P3497 Cylinder Deactivation System Bank 2. Based on the code this can be considered a severe issue. Oil level is ok, 30% life at the current moment. Is this issue mainly related to a valve pause issue or rocker arm oil pressure switch needed to be replaced? Planning on taking the mechanic, unless its an easy fix. Any info or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Adding additional info that might be useful to some owners. Took car to dealer after engine light went on to have it checked. They told me the car had no oil yet oil life stated 30% plus there was no other indicator of low oil on the dashboard. The car seemed to be running fine, no issues or noises that could be associated with this type of situation, to at least give me a warning. This is extremely strange and scary at the same time.

·
Registered
2010 EX-L 4WD (no nav)
9 Posts
I got this code every so often, only thing it did for me was make the eco mode stop working, and then it went away on its own after a couple days. Unless you can feel a difference then i wouldnt worry about it too much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,

Mine does this as well.
The first time I spent a lot of money before they realized it had no oil. It's done it a second time and I just checked the oil, very low.

So I just added a reminder monthly in my calendar to check the oil.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Prior owner neglect + CEL + codes + increased oil consumption + eventual hard misfire in my 10 exl V6 lead to dreaded piston ring issue + gouged cylinder wall = one rebuilt head and new short block

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the issue ended up being the piston rings having to be replaced, so hopefully this is the last time I will deal with this headache. Expensive, but the alternative to having to go out and buy a used car at today's prices made the choice to fix the problem a more logical one financially for me at this time. Time will tell, but hopefully this experience can help others looking to invest in a 2010-2011 Crosstour, to know what to expect or look for. This car had one owner with no "known" previous history of any oil loss issues. I did as much due diligence, even as far as speaking with dealer service who was part of maintaining the car before purchasing it. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just check your oil every time you fill up... It's a good practice to monitor the health of your ride.

Reactions: LL12656

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, the issue ended up being the piston rings having to be replaced, so hopefully this is the last time I will deal with this headache. Expensive, but the alternative to having to go out and buy a used car at today's prices made the choice to fix the problem a more logical one financially for me at this time. Time will tell, but hopefully this experience can help others looking to invest in a 2010-2011 Crosstour, to know what to expect or look for. This car had one owner with no "known" previous history of any oil loss issues. I did as much due diligence, even as far as speaking with dealer service who was part of maintaining the car before purchasing it. Thanks everyone for the feedback.
I'm curious about what kind and weight oil do you use?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts