Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
I don't see it improving any time soon either unfortunatley.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If present trends continue, we may all be driving white elephants soon. :(

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
we are selling civic's left and right ! people trading in tahoe's and yukon's kind of funny

·
Registered
111 Posts
I see planty of ads on TV for Accords, but haven't seen a CT add in awhile.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If present trends continue, we may all be driving white elephants soon. :(
You got that right my friend...been thinking that since early last year when no ads showed CT...Just have not told the wife yet

In fact, I will promise you no CT for 2012 (2013 latest)...they will give up due to slow sales, cost, and economy conditions but warranty should be good until contract end for the upside.
Look at any Sunday newspaper and see the Honda line...CT is missing

Too bad cause CT is a great car but too many folks shied away due to forums like this showing many negatives due to crybaby’s wanting the perfect deal with no rattles nor squeaks etc. that doesn’t amount to a hill of beans.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know I might agree, Honda is also dropping the Element which never was a big seller. If my memory serves me right I never saw many commericals on the element either.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well, at least if they discontinue the CT line, we are not at a total loss, with the majority of parts closely linked to the Accord, so no worries there. And, it just means we owners will be even more "elite" for driving our CT's. lol

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well, at least if they discontinue the CT line, we are not at a total loss, with the majority of parts closely linked to the Accord, so no worries there. And, it just means we owners will be even more "elite" for driving our CT's. lol
Took the words out of my mouth

·
Registered
48 Posts
You know I might agree, Honda is also dropping the Element which never was a big seller. If my memory serves me right I never saw many commericals on the element either.

The first few years on the market the E held its own. For its first full year on the market Honda moved 65,000 units in the US. This doesn't count the Canadian and Japanese sales.

Even when sales started slipping it was hold at 35,000-40,000 a year.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Honda was only planning on sales of 25,000 crosstours in the US last year and they didn't make those numbers (think they sold 21 or 22k).
I knew that when I bought mine, though, and it doesn't change my mind. This is a great car! If they discontinued it tomorrow, I'd probably love it even more - lol!

A guy with a 2010 MB E350 was checking out my car in the parking garage at work. Being a proud new owner I showed it off, and he was impressed. His comment: "If you got all this for around $30k, then why did I spend $62k?"

Felt pretty darn nice to hear that from someone with a new Benz...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Honda was only planning on sales of 25,000 crosstours in the US last year and they didn't make those numbers (think they sold 21 or 22k).
I knew that when I bought mine, though, and it doesn't change my mind. This is a great car! If they discontinued it tomorrow, I'd probably love it even more - lol!

A guy with a 2010 MB E350 was checking out my car in the parking garage at work. Being a proud new owner I showed it off, and he was impressed. His comment: "If you got all this for around $30k, then why did I spend $62k?"

Felt pretty darn nice to hear that from someone with a new Benz...
We left a Benz E320 for this and never looked back

·
Registered
111 Posts
I traded in a BMW 525xi for the CT and am very happy. The BMW was a great driving car, but it had too many little problems.
The CT has a couple of things to overcome. First is the price. My dealer has one on the floor with a sticker of $39k. Now none of us paid close to that but customers will walk before they negeotiate. There are a lot of other cars in that price range. The other issue is the gas mileage. I know there are claims of higher mileage but many of us are in the 24-25 mpg range. With the price of gas and other cars getting better mileage, the CT will be passed over. Honda has announced a 4 cyl. CT sometime this summer. That should help the mph issue. Honda has a bunch of money invested in the car, they won't pull the plug too soon.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I seriously doubt this forum killed any significant sales. It is what it is,
a great car but with polarizing style, not so great MPG and so so utility. I like mine a lot but I don't love it enough to get another one when i trade this one in.

Too bad cause CT is a great car but too many folks shied away due to forums like this showing many negatives due to crybaby’s wanting the perfect deal with no rattles nor squeaks etc. that doesn’t amount to a hill of beans.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I seriously doubt this forum killed any significant sales. It is what it is,
a great car but with polarizing style, not so great MPG and so so utility. I like mine a lot but I don't love it enough to get another one when i trade this one in.
I agree with you FK, and stand corrected on my harsh statements, but too many positives for such small things to get in the way of the CT regarding many comments here in the forum. As far as not buying another when trade-in time comes…seems to me we won’t have any choice due to Honda potentially stopping production from lack of sales soon , for they had to expect better sales, but that’s a another story I guess.
I’m in this deal for the long haul since my warranty doesn’t expire until 8 years and or 120K.
Side note: My prayers (and money) go out to Japan and all that’s going there for sure…shortage of food, water and such.

·
Registered
12 Posts
After a little over 5000 miles, I am getting 27-28 mpg in mixed city and highway driving; almost exactly what I got with a CRV. A 4 cylinder version might improve that a little but the mpg difference between a 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder Venza isn't great (2 mpg in town, 1 mpg highway), so I wouldn't expect a great difference in the CT.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey leek...you may be right about production ceasing. I'm in for the long
haul too with an extended warranty but it's a comfy ride with nice touches so I'll muddle through LOL! Right there with you on the prayers for Japan.

I agree with you FK, and stand corrected on my harsh statements, but too many positives for such small things to get in the way of the CT regarding many comments here in the forum. As far as not buying another when trade-in time comes…seems to me we won’t have any choice due to Honda potentially stopping production from lack of sales soon , for they had to expect better sales, but that’s a another story I guess.
I’m in this deal for the long haul since my warranty doesn’t expire until 8 years and or 120K.
Side note: My prayers (and money) go out to Japan and all that’s going there for sure…shortage of food, water and such.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Actually saw a new ad for the CT on TV last night. Strange ad, but at least it was a ad.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
No ads in canada for crosstour just accord coupe and odyssey :( they should do more,i know when customers come in they always ask about it ,what is it? is it 4wd? so the interest is there!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts