Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my front bumper and headlights yesterday and installed H11 units in low beam and fog lights, 9005 unit in the high beam and appropriate (internal resistor) units for turn signal (front and rear), parking, rear, brake and backup lighting. As it turns out, in DRL mode, the 9005 high beam is way too bright. I pulled them and returned to the OEM bulbs.

I've found one other discussion of the "high beam on DRL" issue but no conclusions. Has anyone found a resolution to this issue?

If not, is anyone in the market for a nice set of open box 9005 LEDs?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you looked at what options are available on Amazon? As far as I know, you can easily find such spare parts there, and you will even be offered a better price than if you bought it somewhere in stores in your city. I often order all sorts of things from there to the house; the last time I ordered lamps https://www.amazon.com/smart-light-bulb-bulbs-color/dp/B0922Q43LY/. Good light bulbs, I liked that they can change their color and intensity, especially my children who are always playing with them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A simple solution is that when you see cars with high beams approaching you, just flick the lights on and off to remind them to dim their lights. If you are interested in having this kind of lights, I got them from here Best RGB Smart Light Bulbs | Works With Alexa | WIFI Smart Bulbs Intelligent Light System is a headlamp beam control system introduced in 2006 which offers five different bi-xenon light functions, each of which is suited to typical driving or weather conditions: Country mode, Motorway mode, Enhanced fog lamps, Active light function, Cornering light function

·
Registered
10 EX-L 4WD (no nav) Alabaster Silver
28 Posts
Late to the conversation but if you don't really need the DRLs then you can pull the fuse and be just fine, brights still function normally. Fuse is above the drivers footwell by the obd2 port and is number 15
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

1 - 5 of 5 Posts