Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the original owner of an Acura Integra GSR, and it has been very good to me. My friends and family has/does own/ed other Hondas (TL,Civics) and the maintenance and repairs are far from intimidating. While other makes I have had dealings with left me quite dissatisfied, especially most domestic lower end models. I plan on a move in the near future, as such a more accommodating vehicle is in order, as well as AWD/4WD is a preference due to snow considerations for my future location. I am a bigger human and would very much like more seat/head room than the integra, so a natural fit is the Accord, after discovering that the CT has AWD as an option and decent cargo area (and heated seats!!!!), I quickly started the arduous process of learning about this vehicle. Which brought me here. I plan on selling the Integra to afford this purchase (I have very little money), I believe this may be achievable, just barely, if the stars align. BTW this is likely to be the last car I own due to diminishing health, so I'm being overly scrutinous as I'm hoping for something useful and enjoyable so please feel free to go into great detail if you are so inclined. I have some questions/concerns that I'm hoping you seasoned owners and maintainers will be better to answer than usual mess of youtubers and very biased fans. So thank you very much for reading so far, and thank you for your time, I appreciate it. Here are my questions:

1. It seems the Accord Crosstour (10-11) had some kind of recall early on to deal with excessive strain to the trans, corrected by an ECU flash? Presumably if this is correct I imagine a more relaxed shifting/RPM pattern was used to counteract higher stress shifting and prevent premature damage to the trans. Does anyone here have any information regarding this and if so I'm curious about the extent of life lost before the car could be corrected(specifically on the V6 AWD), as I am seeing much lower prices on the 10' model I suspect this is big reason why.

2. Most of my concern about the CT is about the trans. I see it has a 5 speed through 2012 then 6 speed 13' and on. Lots of mechanics I talk to have no love for the AT in most Hondas. My question is, is there a better year for the CT as far as the reliability of trans goes? I assume the 5 speed is cheaper to work on or replace but I'm just guessing based on complexity and scarcity.

3. I realize I can't be picky due to the low volume of this car being sold, however I want to know about any common problem that would either be expensive to repair or potentially be unrepairable due the shortage of donor cars parts. In short what CT exclusive parts fail wear quickly?

4.Simply put does anyone here have any leads on a sweetheart deal for a CT w/AWD and V6? Obviously due to monetary concerns I'm hoping to find a deal where the car hasn't been listed as to avoid the pain of a dealer, and to maybe find an opportunity in saving money by talking to someone who maybe attempted a custom paint job while under the influence or maybe smoked fish in the car or something crazy where I would be happy to deal with over time and effort to bring it back. I'll even consider damaged vehicles as long as the drive-train and engine are intact

5. Any concerns or alternatives in regards to what I'm setting out to accomplish? I welcome any suggestions or discussions needed to help make certain I make the right decision. Some of my other considerations:
-CRVs aren't off the table but it seems they share most of the same issues the CT has and seems to demand a higher price
-Subaru Forester seems like a better value at purchase, but regular costly maintenance seems to be needed to have a chance to avoid bigger failures
-Vennza seems smaller and more expensive and less pleasant to be in

Thank you for your time

·
Registered
17 Posts
1 & 2 - Find a ‘13 or newer solves those issues.
3- If you’re rear ended and the back hatch is damaged your car may be totaled. Mechanically the car is an Accord so parts are not an issue.
4 & 5 - Now is a tough time to be looking for any used vehicle much less a rare one. You can watch salvage auctions if you want a huge project but they still don’t show up much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 & 2 - Find a ‘13 or newer solves those issues.
3- If you’re rear ended and the back hatch is damaged your car may be totaled. Mechanically the car is an Accord so parts are not an issue.
4 & 5 - Now is a tough time to be looking for any used vehicle much less a rare one. You can watch salvage auctions if you want a huge project but they still don’t show up much.
Thank You WVEX-L! I'm glad you could confirm my suspicions in regards to the suspension, and depressingly I know its a long shot to make the attempt, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts