Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everone! Just bought the Crosstour about 2 months ago and im ready to change out the stock 18'' wheels. I like the look of the HFP 19'' wheels but not sure if they would look good on the polished metal metallic paint. I have tried searching many times and have not seen that combo yet. Has anyone seen this done or any comments? Thanks. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Haven't seen that combo yet. Could look pretty cool.All I have seen is the stock and 18" SBC Alloy Wheels that are sold as a honda accessory. They look pretty sharp.If you get them, post some pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dude keep the 18s, unless you need the look.I just bought Westlake tires on ebay--245-50-18 zr rated--100 load and put them on the back.Wow the handling is superb to say the least,plus Honda will not deny any suspension warranties if you keep the stock rims.The tires looked huge when I got them,but I could have gone a lot bigger and probably will goto 260 series or higher next time.I never switch out rims on any cars, because folks that I know that have done this, have lost fuel mileage--treadwear can be pathetic-- and who knows if it will throw off the suspension computers a little.Honda rims are of extreme high quality and they look nice.Unless you want the look,just get wider profile tires and the handling will improve dramatically, without causing any warranty issues.I say this cause Honda told me if I put rims on it, suspension warranty will be null and void.I did a lot of research and believe me these Westlake tires are great and they cost 120 a piece, and have the stats of a bridgestone tire that would have cost almost 300 dollars a tire.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'd take a set in dark or smoke chrome... ! if I had the extra $$ that is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just bought the Honda 19'' HFP wheels. Should be getting them ups monday. It may take some time to come up with the cash for the tires but i will take a pictures of my CT once i get them installed. Thanks for all the comments. -Sal

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys!. I went with the factory spec 245/50R19 and the tires are the pirelli p zero nero performance all terrain tires. It rides the same as before, a little more grip than the factory michilin tires, otherwise pretty much same. :D

Im thinking about swapping out the chrome lug nuts with black lug nuts. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ditched that set that i had just bought because i had issues with a couple of rims being bent. Bought the New HFP wheels this time. I like the look of these much more.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I like the look of the polished metal with the HP 19s. Nicely done man!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think those rims look totally killer, especially on the polished metal. I might get a set of these, too. Like you said, wheels do look better when they are one shade lighter than the color of the car.

Are they easy to clean? Do they have a clear coat on them? Also, did you reuse the tire pressure monitor sensors from the OEM wheels?

I like how you put a set of silver tire valve caps "to seal the deal" :D

Ditched that set that i had just bought because i had issues with a couple of rims being bent. Bought the New HFP wheels this time. I like the look of these much more.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts