Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

mm... ppicked up my rims yesterday, thanks the guy who hooked me up with a whooping 800 dollar discount on them and to JDMRACER, other wise i would of picked up tsws, because i didnt think these ever fit the crosstour.

as you guys know ive added my own little touches to make my crosstour unique =)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Can't wait to see what it looks like on the White Diamond Pearl CT!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking for tires ATM! Any suggestions preferably all season

·
Registered
124 Posts
I put some new Yokohama AVID ENVigors my 2008 Passat about 2 months ago. They were quieter than the Continental ContiPROcontacts that were originally on it. They give a much better ride. The only slight negative thing about them is that on tirerack's website, their winterrating(10 being best, and 1 being worst) was only like .2 worse than the conti set I had(conti had a 7.3 if I remember, which got me through the worst Cleveland winter I've ever been in(!) without a hitch! But, everything else was better, and was still cheaper by about 70 bucks from Conrads!! If I had to get another set of wheels, that's what I will go to next. They were also one of few wheels that I could get with a high speed rating for the Passat, as well as having a stiffer sidewall(helps in cornering and load handling).

I forgot to mention, I'm on my second VW, which is the second one to come with stock Continentals. Both stock sets had premature wear, and uneven wear, even I did all the maintenance at the dealer as I was suggested to do so. I'll never buy Continentals again...no matter how good they are! They are obnoxiously expensive just because they are made in Germany! The ENVigor line of wheels are made in the US, and surprised the crap out of me.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How is the pirelli pzero neros? I talked to my tire dude he said those suck. I mean I don't wanna drop 1600 for the advigors... Their back ordered due to Japan, I'm still a college kid, can't afford such crazy tires.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Are you saying the dude said that the the AVID ENVigors sucked? Because the Pzeros are good, but come in at 7th place, as opposed to 4th(better) for the AVIDs(at least for my wheels). The total cost for mine was 700 with installation(including balancing and etc) on 18's. 19's can be had for about 800 installed.

You'll have to do your research as to what you value more in a tire(snow traction, preventing hydroplaning, wet traction, cornering, dry traction, light/deep snow, ice traction, ride comfort, noise comfort, and tread wear longevity). There is a lot to figure out, but I would never waste money on a Pzero set for a CT...that's almost a joke. I'm sure you could also look around for better prices, but I usually go to Conrads because they will work around with the prices.

There probably are other good options, but my CT being new and all, I haven't really looked to see what the best choice for my needs would be. I value ride quality, sound quietness, and handling a little more than snow traction...I like snow :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the guy said the pirelli's were crap, the ENVigors were 1600 some odd bucks.... he swayed me to get performance tires... i forgot which ones but they came out to be like 1200 some..

i really want an all season tire, nothing TOO crazy, because i just drive around and stuff, lesiurely... from time to time ill just book it place to place.

As for winter.... i should probably put winters on the stock rims.

·
Registered
35 Posts
why dont u get the advan S.T tires from tire rack? very good price, and also the real hfp CT uses the advan S.T anyways.....

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
You need 245/50/19 that is the correct match up to stock wheels

·
Registered
124 Posts
What are the wheels dimensions needed for the HFP wheels?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
19x8 offet 55

was told 45+ side wall might potentially rub, so def dont want that.

sorry guys if im asking such noob questions

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
mine dont rub and my car is lowered

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
front strut forks from a acura tl and rear shocks from a tl too 2010

·
Registered
35 Posts
shhhhh, im trying to write a proper DIY write up (with pictures) for it and ur spilling the goods already :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
19x8 offet 55

was told 45+ side wall might potentially rub, so def dont want that.

sorry guys if im asking such noob questions
a 45 side wall is still make the overall diameter smaller than the stock 225/60/18's.

like stated before, to make up the same overall diameter as the stock 225/60/18 would be the 245/50/19. however IMO i choose to gowith 255/45/19 so that its slightly fatter on the rim so that i wont curb the rim if i accidently bump into something

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
shhhhh, im trying to write a proper DIY write up (with pictures) for it and ur spilling the goods already :)
sorry :eek: he asked I didn't want to not tell him! :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
a 45 side wall is still make the overall diameter smaller than the stock 225/60/18's.

like stated before, to make up the same overall diameter as the stock 225/60/18 would be the 245/50/19. however IMO i choose to gowith 255/45/19 so that its slightly fatter on the rim so that i wont curb the rim if i accidently bump into something
yeah thats exactly what i would want too, i want to have my bad days, and know i didnt pwn my rims. first thing money morning i guess ill place in the order... my early birthday present for myself...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts