Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Daughter just purchased a 2010 Crosstour EXL with 130k miles.
Last weekend installed new S-VCM for a preventative measure, Install went great, car sat all night, coolant temp cold.
Intstalled new set of plugs and 1 thru 3 plugs were all normal as tan/grey in color.
Started engine and it ran great and no eco light on test drive.
Last Sunday daughter drove home aprox 140 miles and no issues and she called to say car ran great.

I just received a call from daughter in panic pulled over on shoulder of road saying the traction control light and check engine light was on and thought it started to run a little rougher.
Temp gauge was normal.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I just emailed S-VCM company the above information.
Thanks
Rick
Central Oregon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
R.Q. from S VCM responded to my email quickly this past Sunday, Here is my email to him tonight.

Ok RQ,
Daughter just called to report O'reilly Auto Parts scanned for codes and here is what they came up with.

PO 300 code means that a cylinder(s) is misfiring or is randomly misfiring
PO 304 = Misfire cyl # 4
PO 305 = Misfire cyl # 5
PO 306 Misfire cyl #6

PO 118 Engine coolant temp sensor.

She said that he would not clear the codes as it is against their liability policy.
She also said that when she started her Honda the error lights on her dash went away.

Your thoughts please.
Rick Christensen

·
Super Moderator
800 Posts
Any possibility that you mis-gapped the plugs? Any chance you used a non factory plug? Any chance you cross referenced the plug number for something else? Any chance you used too much anti-seize compound or similar on the threads of the plugs? Any chance you might have damaged a few plug wires?

If it were my vehicle, I would put the old plugs back into cylinder 4, 5 and 6 and see what happens.

There are lots of high performance or race plugs or new fangled plugs out there that want you to believe that it will give you more horsepower. Instead, these plugs can cause the problems you are having.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crashmaster,
You are sharp!!! Thank you for your time and wisdom!!!!
Plugs were gapped to .044 ( factory specs)
Plugs OEM NGK ILZKR7B11 Laser Iridium
I did put anti seize on the spark plug threads.... maybe to much????
Daughter comes home next weekend for spring break and we will remove those plugs and change those plugs out per your recommendations.
She reported today the dash warning lights are still off.
Thank you again!!
Rick
Central Oregon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts