Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I am a completely idiot. This is the first time for past 10 years, I damaged my car. what was I thinking .........

Take a look of pictures I attached. IT seems pretty deep. It's located at front passenger side bumper. Does anyone know any good product could repair the scratch?? or any other idea??? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
It looks too deep to rub out, sorry. You can try some polishing compound to take some of the scratches away, but you are through the paint. We all do dumb things. A few years ago I backed my new BMW into our Lexus. Both needed the plastic fendors repainted. Local body shop gives a price break for cash.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
that is going to have to get painted sorry bro ! find a good bodyshop talk to people with classic cars and find out where they go.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Ouch, sorry ACT. I agree, you will have to repaint it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I really feel for you. I'm afraid that there really isn't anything effective that will hide that scar. Rubbing compound might hide it temporarily, but it wastes your clearcoat. Your best solution is a body shop. :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone. I guess I will accept the fact ..... ready to pay $500+ for repaint... =(

So, I know there are few SoCal people around, let me know any good body shops :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
another thought: it seems the damage area is right at where the front spoiler reaches. Is it??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry about the scratch!!! (Should hurt but things like this happen) I always say "if this is the worst thing that happens.... be happy" I had the whole side and back of my previous car done here in Long Beach for $ 650 (Cash ) and they did a good job!. if you want the contact details.... let me know!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fred> PM sent :)

I got a price quote from a honda authorized body shop. They said, the best way is to re-do the whole bumper. That way, it will look at new. However, price will be around $800. If they gonna only repaint the spot, what it will happen is ..... since the clear coat paint is water based, the edge of the coating will fade away eventually one day. (It will look as good as brand new at beginning) In that case, it will show certain line between original paint and new spot paint. But it's cheaper to do so.

I am no expert of this. But it does make sense. Can any expert confirm this??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your looking at 5.6hrs body labor / 3.9hrs paint labor / $175 for paint materials.

2.6hrs - the body shop will remove the bumper from the car and disassemble it.
1hr - to repair the collision damage
2hrs - to repair the rock chips on the bumper. You really want them to do this otherwise when they paint the bumper, the rock chips will stand out and you'll hate yourself for not having it done.
3.9Hrs - to paint and clear the entire bumper cover.
and finally $175 for paint materials.

Hope this helps. Remember you get what you pay for. If you go the cheap route, it will cost you a lot more to have it done correctly. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts