Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the frigid cold yesterday, the tension piece in the visor for the driver side sun visor went snick. I heard it snap. Now, the visor will not stay up against the headliner. It hangs down ready to scalp me in an accident.

Anyone have any experience with these? Fixable or should I plan to replace the whole thing?

Tom

·
Registered
22 Posts
Both of my visors were a little weak when I got my Crosstour. They'd droop into field of view after about a minute of driving. It was driving me nuts so I went ahead and bit the bullet and got factory replacements and new clips as well. At $180 for both visors and 2 clips it was a pretty big ouch but after 10 minutes on the road it was worth it. I cracked one of the old ones open to see if it could have been fixed and I really doubt it. The tensioner is a pretty small piece of spring steel captured in a plastic boss molded in to the visor's interior shell. There's a lot going on inside of there and once the tensioner or its boss is gone they're pretty much done.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got this same problem on my high milage Crosstour. We just been riding with it pushed up to the window all the time. Really annoying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts