Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my new Crosstour. I only have one minor issue so far.

I find that the headrest juts forward a bit much. I try to keep it as low as possible and sit as upright as possible to allow the lower half of my head to rest on it, keeping my head as far back, relative to my shoulders as possible, but it's still not completely comfortable.

I've had some neck issues in the past, so I'm a bit sensitive about this.

I'm a 6 foot male, so you'd think that I'd be able to find a comfortable position.

Has anyone else had an issue with this? If so, does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
237 Posts
Other than tilting the seat back a bit to "compensate" for the angle of the head rest, other than what you have done, there is not much else you could do. The way I have my seat angled and the angle of the headrest has been comfortable to me, and I recently completed a 20 hour road trip. Oh and I'm 6' tall as well.

Good luck finding your comfort zone, especially with having neck issues.. there may be no easy solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, DraEagWol. I'll keep trying.

I found the following link that demonstrates the active head restraint.

http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-crosstour/features.aspx?Feature=headrestraints

According to Honda, the starting position for the headrest appears to be in a comfortable position. It's only after a rear-end collision that the headrest juts forward.

I think mine is always in the latter position. Does anyone know how to get it into the former, pre-accident position? Do I have this right, or is the video wrong and is it ALWAYS in the post-collision position, regardless?

Thanks,

·
Registered
621 Posts
Thanks, DraEagWol. I'll keep trying.

I found the following link that demonstrates the active head restraint.

http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-crosstour/features.aspx?Feature=headrestraints

According to Honda, the starting position for the headrest appears to be in a comfortable position. It's only after a rear-end collision that the headrest juts forward.

I think mine is always in the latter position. Does anyone know how to get it into the former, pre-accident position? Do I have this right, or is the video wrong and is it ALWAYS in the post-collision position, regardless?

Thanks,
The system is just a simple cantilever setup. You should be able to pull the headrest forward and feel the plate in the seat retract.

(In a rear end collision the force of your body pressing against the plate causes the headrest to move forward.)

It should return to the "comfort" position automatically.

I suggest you sit in the seat, reach up behind your head, and pull the headrest forward to test it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Headrests uncomfortable

I, too, am 6 ft, and have a problem with the headrests. My neck is rather arthritic, and the headrests lean much too far forward for comfort. I have checked them, and they are not in the post accident position. Tilting the seat back more helps a bit, but should not be the solution to the problem. Perhaps Honda could make a redesigned headrest available that will not jut so far forward???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts