Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this morning while washing my car that the clear coat on my passenger headlight was flaking off. Has anyone else experienced this with there Crosstour?

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
Dtexan - No I have not heard of this. Can you tell us what year, model, and color CT you have? Can you take a picture of the failure? Is your vehicle still under warranty?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2010 EX-L and am still under warranty. I'm going to my local dealership this week and see what they say. I don't know if I can get a picture of the failure, but I will try. I had this problem on a 7 year old acura tsx, but am really surprised to see this on a 2010 model. I wash my car weekly and take care of it. I just don't want my headlight to fog up and haze on such a new car.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
shouldn't be a problem dealer should change it under warr. we do here in canada, they are covered for 3 years or 60,000km

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No pressure washer just a regular hose. I always wash my cars by hand. I don't use any high speed buffers either. I'll take it in this week and see what Honda says.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Called up one dealer to make an appointment and was told that they would probably just buff it out. After that discussion I decided to try another dealership. I dropped my car off this morning for the headlight and a noisy door lock. Headlight and door actuator were both ordered and will be installed soon. Check out your headlights and make sure this doesn't happen prior to the 36k mile warranty is up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just wanted to update this and say that my drivers side headlight had the same clear coat failure. I took into the dealer and had it replaced under warranty as well. Keep an eye out and get this repaired before your warranty is up. This saved me hundreds since the warranty will be up in a few months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts