·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Crosstour EX-L Nav AWD

I picked up at the Honda dealer in Vineland, NJ:

76632-TA0-A01 $6.95
76622-TP6-A01 $6.95

Just the refills not the whole arm assembly.

Does anyone know how to put the refills in. There seems to be a cover over the blades that's not on my 2003 Highlander. I can get the upper section of the arm to come off on my Highlander. Makes changing the blades pretty easy.

Some help please.

CaptDave

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found it in the owners manual. Very easy to do.

Flip up the little tab on the wiper arm like it says. Slide the arm about 1 inch toward the car. It then slides out very easy.

Take the arm into the house to do the wiper refill in peace.

CaptDave

·
Registered
422 Posts
im needing to replace my whole passenger one, some basterd fucking broke mine

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
That sucks i wish people would just leave other peoples cars alone !:mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Revisiting an old thread but does anyone know how to replace wiper blade refills? I've got the blade housing off the wiper arm and in the house but cannot figure out how to slide old blade out to get new one in. Is there a trick to it, any help please? I don't want to buy a complete new housing as it would be a waste of money.

Nevermind....I got it figured out!

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts
How'd yah get 'em outta the track? :confused:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Update on Crosstour wiper refills

We recently got two Crosstours, a '13 and a '14. Both need blades, so I went through the usual search for size. Got a lot of conflicting results. I used Trico break-to-fit on our previous vehicles with great success. Suffice it to say, this is not an 8mm refill, it's more like 10mm. And, with refill prices creeping up, it's simply not worth it to not use the Honda refill.

For '12 - '15, the refill part numbers are:

Left: 76622-TP6-A02 RUBBER, BLADE (650MM) $6.63 $5.57
Right: 76632-TA0-A02 RUBBER, BLADE (475MM) $6.08 $5.11

Those prices are list price followed by discounted price, at Honda Parts Unlimited. No affiliation, I just have found them to be cheap and reliable.

http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/

For the page where these parts are found:

http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/auto-parts/2013/honda/crosstour-5-door/exl-4wd-trim/6-speed-automatic-engine/electrical-exhaust-heater-fuel-cat/front-windshield-wiper-scat/?part_number=76630ta0a02

Of course, there's shipping cost and delay. I went to my local Honda dealer and they had them in stock. I handed the guy my print-out showing HPU's prices and he said he couldn't give me that price, their's were $9.99. Imagine that, 51% over list! I said "that's double!," mistakenly, and he said he'd go look for a coupon. He came back and said there was none, but he'd give it to me at that price anyway. Great! He charged me the list, but I am fine with that. Besides, the dealer had a bowl of beautiful apples and I took two. The lady at the counter encouraged me to take more, but I didn't want to make a pig of myself.

So, $13.50 per car.

Changing them is simple. Pry the locking tab up. The manual says to use a cloth-covered screwdriver, but if you have one of those plastic, cell phone repair pry tools, that's perfect. Push the blade holder off the arm hook. Look at the edge of the wiper holder, and you will observe that on one end of the rubber blade, the groove that retains the refill is closed. Grab that end with your fingers and pull it out. Remove the steel reinforcements and put them on the new refill. Insert the refill the way the old one came out. If you lost track, look at the little fingers that go in the groove, and on one set there's an arrow, indicating the direction of insertion.

Two cars, about 10 minutes.

Now I'll order a few changes of refills form HPU, to have on hand.

I didn't change the rear blades, those hardly ever get used.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts

I went with Bosch Icons, some people have better experiences than others with these apparently?

But I use this + Rain X, and so far it has laded 2 years... well worth it IMO.

I'm going to switch it out in another couple of months.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi, thanks for your reply. That's really very impressive. Was that after the initial treatment?

Two questions:

1. The Bosch is the entire wiper blade assembly. Is a refill available? I ask because the pair for the Crosstour, one 26A (Left) and one 19A (Right) come to $37.00 on Amazon Prime. I like refills because I can have fresh blades for $12.

2. How does the Rain-X hold up to machine car washes? I ask because I buy an unlimited pass, and go through a few times a week.

By the way, I have never before looked in to wiper blades in any detail until I read your post. Bosch has 15 different blades, Trico has 13 different blades. Holy Cow! How does one choose? I just got OEM refills.

Thanks,

jv

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I don't know how often you drive in the rain, but one time I was riding in an NYC taxi with pouring rain... and I saw the driver drive with about 3 inches of glass that wasn't wet with streaks from the blades... and I was like, nope... I need good blades.

OEM was okay, but began to steak notably pretty quickly, the Bosch didn't do that till a year later (please note I park inside, and I drive rarely in the rain).

As for Rain-X:

I don't wash my car nearly as much as you do, lol.
I apply Rain-X once a quarter for all windows, and I touch up the front before any major trip that might have rain or snow... the sides generally last much much longer than the front.

You'll have to see, If you wash that much, I'd probably just do it before long distance trips and such...

Hi, thanks for your reply. That's really very impressive. Was that after the initial treatment?

Two questions:

1. The Bosch is the entire wiper blade assembly. Is a refill available? I ask because the pair for the Crosstour, one 26A (Left) and one 19A (Right) come to $37.00 on Amazon Prime. I like refills because I can have fresh blades for $12.

2. How does the Rain-X hold up to machine car washes? I ask because I buy an unlimited pass, and go through a few times a week.

By the way, I have never before looked in to wiper blades in any detail until I read your post. Bosch has 15 different blades, Trico has 13 different blades. Holy Cow! How does one choose? I just got OEM refills.

Thanks,

jv

·
Registered
322 Posts
Try waxing your windshield...does practically the same thing as RainX only cheaper and seems to last longer... I basically drive with intermittent on even in moderately heavy rain...

Also a big Bosch fan. Yea, 40 to 60 a set... usually last a little over a year for me with all the salt and crud in Ohio.. but I also change them out early where others would keep going with them. Work great in winter and summer... better than anything I have used in the past.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts