Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2010 Crosstour is 1 year old this month. The car has 20,000 miles. I would like to do a Trans Service.

I went to the dealer but they haven't done a Crosstour Trans Service yet. I was shown the Trans Oil Filler Cap on top of the trans near the air filter. It is marked Trans Oil I think.

My question is about the drain plug. I see a drain plug at the bottom of the trans that has a square opening. Looks like you use put a 1/2 (may be 3/8) inch drive rachett to open it.

Is that the drain plug? How much Honda Trans Oil comes out?

CaptDave

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
that square bolt is it 3/8 ratchet will do it will take about 2.5 -3 liters, put 2.5 in it start it put it in drive and rev and shut off check level and add more if needed,let it sit for a couple min before checking.

get the trans fluid from the dealer too

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that square bolt is it 3/8 ratchet will do it will take about 2.5 -3 liters, put 2.5 in it start it put it in drive and rev and shut off check level and add more if needed,let it sit for a couple min before checking.

get the trans fluid from the dealer too
I know the regular Accords use a 3/8 ratchet. I checked at the dealer. When I was under the car it looked like a 1/2 ratchet would fit.

I already picked up 5 qts of Honda Trans Fluid at the dealer.

CaptDave

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
good stuff then it will be one or the other we have yet to do a service at the dealer yet most ofthe crosstour's that come it only have 20 or 30 km have fun doing the work !:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts