Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New CT user from BC, Canada. Mine's a 2013 V6 EX-L Navi and has got 50k miles. First time Honda owner and moving up from my 2005 Corolla. After driving around for a month in this, I think I've found my forever car!

I've done a full fluid flush already (rear diff [after I noticed a bit of a vibration in the steering wheel when turning hard while not in park], transmission & engine oil, coolant, etc). No leaks reported after an inspection too.

Any other tips to improve longevity would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome and congrats. I bought the same car in white with 40k miles last month. I would get your timing belt/tensioner/waterpump replaced as you are at 7 years. Honda recommends at 7 years or 100k miles.

I would also inspect for rust. Many have a leak from around the rear shock tower seam in the wheel well. As a result, rust occurs in the back driver wheel area inside the car, on the fender edge often where the bumper and sheet metal connect, or hight up on that wheel arch. Also, under the rear driver side seat. It can affect the seatbelts in the center (buckle attachment, and seat belt receiver. If you email me I can share more information: [email protected]

The 10-12 model V6 has a class action law suit on the motor for needing rebuild and burning oil. Honda settles class-action lawsuit over oil-burning V6s The 13-15 do not.

All the mechanics I have spoken too say these are very very reliable cars. 200k is not uncommon if maintained.

Best,
Carl

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the tips! Did you get those items replaced as well since your year is the same as mine? What kind of cost am I looking at?

I'll email for the rust information for sure - that would definitely have me worried.

Checked yours out, white looks real nice too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts