Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very disappointed that when receiving a call the HFL display only shows the incoming number that is stored in the phonebook and there is no option to make it display the name or both as I've seen on other systems. I've skimmed through the owner's manual and asked a salesman at my dealer and they don't know if or how to do it. Is this the case with this system that it will just merely show the incoming number even though it has the name data stored? :mad:

·
Registered
621 Posts
I am very disappointed that when receiving a call the HFL display only shows the incoming number that is stored in the phonebook and there is no option to make it display the name or both as I've seen on other systems. I've skimmed through the owner's manual and asked a salesman at my dealer and they don't know if or how to do it. Is this the case with this system that it will just merely show the incoming number even though it has the name data stored? :mad:
Unfortunately yes, this is how it is (as far as I am aware).

I have a similar gripe with the mp3/ipod interface. It can display track name and info on the big screen, but wont on the smaller alphanumeric screen.

Seems like quite the oversight.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The newer IMID in the 12 odyssey and Pilot have this feature.

This is why i want Honda to upgrade the Electronic pkg for the 2013 CT.

And 8" Color TFT IMID in the instrument cluster in the CT with a newer, modern, stereo and Auto CLimate control system will make the CT a BEAUTIFUL interior space.

For those that haven't seen the improvement to the 2012 Pilot interiors/ elec. pkg....go look at one, and see what our CT's SHOULD look like!!

Of course -- if it looked more like an Acura TL, that'd be kewl with me too!! :D

gr

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course even the Handsfreelink website for my model (the 2011 EX-L w/Nav) says it supports the display showing my signal strength and battery level for the iphone 3gs but it doesn't.

·
Registered
93 Posts
What's next? A $40K Honda with HIDs, etc...

Skimming through these comments makes me think something... I'm a Honda guy today and I'll probably be a Honda guy for the near future. And while I didn't pay the full $37K MSRP for my car, it still dumbfounds me that Honda is not putting some of the (now) standard features in their more expensive cars that we are seeing in other lesser cars in the same market. A saleman bud of mine says Honda doesn't want to compete with themselves, i.e. Acura. If that's the case, then fine; however, when I see $15-$20K less cars with some of the fancier options, it makes me wonder where the hell they are going. Is in not bad enough that they and Toyota are the only two car companies that lost sedan sales last year? Everyone else did better (Hyundai up 20%!) It's my hope that someone from Honda of America is reading this forum. I'd like to think we are a slightly more mature crowd that purchased one of their more expensive products compared to past competition. They are losing their a$$ and it's not hard to see why. Look at the international model... Combine the brands and call it a day.

Oh... and no... I'm not going to go out and just buy an Acura.

Am I the only one who thinks this way?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Skimming through these comments makes me think something... I'm a Honda guy today and I'll probably be a Honda guy for the near future. And while I didn't pay the full $37K MSRP for my car, it still dumbfounds me that Honda is not putting some of the (now) standard features in their more expensive cars that we are seeing in other lesser cars in the same market. A saleman bud of mine says Honda doesn't want to compete with themselves, i.e. Acura. If that's the case, then fine; however, when I see $15-$20K less cars with some of the fancier options, it makes me wonder where the hell they are going. Is in not bad enough that they and Toyota are the only two car companies that lost sedan sales last year? Everyone else did better (Hyundai up 20%!) It's my hope that someone from Honda of America is reading this forum. I'd like to think we are a slightly more mature crowd that purchased one of their more expensive products compared to past competition. They are losing their a$$ and it's not hard to see why. Look at the international model... Combine the brands and call it a day.

Oh... and no... I'm not going to go out and just buy an Acura.

Am I the only one who thinks this way?
A thoughtful post. Like you, I've pondered the 'get an Acura' if you want this or that feature and then realizing that less costly vehicles offer the same thing. Seems that Honda is really getting the dreaded myopic view of ' hey , makes sense to us so our customers will get on board too.' Lots of business get this narrow vision and either learn or get trashed by their now former customers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts